Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hyjal Trash tanking stats

Jensaarai
Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:03 am
hmm yeah...I dunno I never found them a problem, except when we were first learning...but my solution to that problem was more dodge, armor, and HP and a little less block value, and that seemed to do the trick quite nicely...it made the knockdowns much less frequent, and easier to recover from if it did happen.

My druid only picks off aboms if there are > 4, otherwise my warrior helps...I've long considered dodge underrated for aoe tanking Twisted Evil
_________________
Hawx
Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:39 pm
Thanks for the tips guys.

I think i know exactly what gear im aiming for right now. Ive talked to the alt tanks that usually make our ZA runs happen and they are more than happy to pass the items i need to me. So it seems i just need to sacrifice a few nights of sleep in the next couple weeks.

We ended up doing hyjal without a pally and it went surprisingly well. We lost all our NPC's but it worked out in the end. We also got our 6th and 7th DPS maces, so I did get that.

My current focus is going to be ZA gear. ZA boots, ZA shoulders, ZA helm and possibly the ZA shield. While getting the badges cloak and pants. Also when our guild blacksmith gets back from vacation ill get the belt made. Also we are doing BT first next week so i should have a chance at the boots/shield again.

Is that focusing to much on block? I shouldnt be losing to much avoidance as all the items are much higher ilvl than what im wearing now. But that would basically be making all but 2-3 items of gear not having block value/rating.

I also did an open request in guild chat for furies cards and had Ace Two Three and Five offered to me. So im probably going to get that even though initially i said i wasnt going to. Being that the 5 was the reason i quit the first time i tried. (saw it once in 6 weeks for 650g).
_________________
Hawx 70 BE Paladin - Terenas
Devilheals
Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:48 pm
I wouldn't worry too much once you get the ZA gear. I just did Hyjal tonight with these stats and I had to seal wisdom most of the time to keep from going oom. As long as the other tanks get the abom's its not that punishing on you.

Armory
Dodge: 18.15%
Parry: 15.48%
Block: 31.28%
_________________
Hawx
Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:27 pm
Yeah, got lucky and got the boots tonight, bought the cloak and spent about 800g in enchants and gems. Have all the mats for the belt which i should have tomorrow. Im pretty positive im well enough geared to do it right now. Should be about a week and ill get the badges pants and hopefully ill get the neck from maiden this week in kara. Shield from nightbane would probably help as well.
_________________
Hawx 70 BE Paladin - Terenas
Fedaykin98
Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:44 pm
Good luck, man! One note - Tankatronic Goggles are pretty equivalent to ZA helm, and can be "bought", although I don't know how they might compare Block Rating/Value wise. They certainly look a lot better! Wink
_________________