Skip to content
Maintankadin

Shield?

rodos
Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:54 am
I have the Ogi'la Aegis after managing to PUG a hit on some monument guardian dudes. The group let me have a crystal because one of them got a Depleted Badge drop Smile

However, I've started tanking a lot of stuff with Triptych Shield of the Ancients, since I don't have Sha'tar rep and our guild hasn't got to Nightbane yet. It only dropped for us once, and I got it because I was the only shield user in the raid at the time. It has the high armor and BV to match it's ilevel, as well as some +stam and +spell. You can certainly do worse than roll on it if it drops.
_________________
Frickit
Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:20 am
Theres so many options, I guess I need to take a longer look at all the shields and find which one I want.
I have enough badges for Culdara one and Im close to being able to get the Crest of the Shatar and I can even start doing arena with a 5v5 team if I want the merciless one.
My concern is that Ive been told not to waste badges on Culdara. Crest is still some gold and rep away and I dont wanna get it if Nightbanes or even the pvp one can replace it because I cant really afford to waste 115g on something Im not gonna keep. But in the mean time I have no really good shield until I get to Nightbane. GRRR
_________________


I haven't slept for ten days, that would be too much.
Ace
Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:27 am
Do you do arena? You dont have to be tooo good at it to collect points every week for 30/60 mins work.

Two good S2 shields available for tanknig and one with spell dps.. and if u get a shield in the meantime from sum where else you can always use the points gathered on S2 Mace for sum cracknig spell dps.

Just a thought Wink

Ace.
-----
_________________
Ketsurui
Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:48 am
Yeah, that's the one I meant :p
Lalecize
Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:50 pm
http://www.theoryspot.com/forums/general-discussion/1062-crest-sha-tar-vs-azure-shield-coldarra.html

Badge Shield ftw!

Basically I think the general rule is this.

Azure Shield of the Coldarra > Crest of the Shatar

However, in terms of spending.

Azure = 35ish badges, Crest = rep.

Most say to go with the Crest and to save the 35ish badges for other items.

I personally picked up the Azure shield, I am doing heroics everyday, and Kara two nights a week, I can afford badges Very Happy

If you want to save your badges or are low on them grab the Crest. If you're gear isn't yet up to heroics/kara, grab the crest.

The crest is the best shield to grab on your way to kara, however once you're geared enough to rake in the badges, go for the azure.

I personally started Kara with the Aegis of the Sunbird, then realised I had enough badges for Azure so grabbed that the other day.

Im 1 run off revered with the shatar, but sadly I wont be buying the shield.

It all really depends on your circumstances. If you get the azure first stick with it and skip the crest.

If you get the crest first, skip the azure and save the badges for another piece.
_________________


See my blog - http://sealofrogueshness.blogspot.com
Frickit
Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:07 am
I guess I made the right choice then. I broke down and bought the Culdara even though Im hurtin for badges a little now. My sig hasnt reflected it yet but I have a lot more armor and hp now. I also got aran's ring and the boots of elusion on the same night.

I don't understand why people have been telling me to get sha tar all this time its not that good and the badge one, once I really looked, is way better I think. 35 badges is cheap and most people in my guild who have been playing longer than me have tons of badges that they arent even going to use so seems to me like you should just get everything you want from badges theres no short supply.

the shatar crest is not just rep its rep + 115g and at the moment I have 90g in my pockets on this realm. 35 boj's cheaper than 115g and the 13k or so more rep I would need, for sure.
_________________


I haven't slept for ten days, that would be too much.
Trevize
Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:18 am
I used the Shield Wall until I got the ZA shield. It is a very nice piece. TONS of armor and block value which I love =) The resillience is good to have for later on when you need to do resist fights....helps get over the last few points of uncrittable.

Sha'tar rep shield is great....would highly recommend it.
_________________

Boomadin on the weekends...pardon the horrendous tanking stats.