Skip to content
Maintankadin

Profession choice

Tanzani
Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:06 am
Enchanting and Herb gathering as both help a lot. Besides the ring enchants the +sp dam is OK to use if you want that little extra AOE, and herbs are as good as gold for trading for gems, and other items.
Eanin
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:29 am
Any thoughts on this post-2.4? I'm enchanting/engineering right now. I wouldn't consider dropping enchanting (the ring bonus is amazing and I can use it for anything), but I'm seriously considering getting rid of engineering because I'm now using the Tuskguard and the Heroic MgT trinket and I've outgrown the items (not going to see the new helm any time soon, probably).

There are a lot of nice items. Even Alchemy is very nice, and JC has a lot of new figurines. Any thoughts?
_________________
Widdox
Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:25 am
The new JC figurine 49 stam 33 int +dmg use effect is really nice.
_________________
Crittoris
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:57 pm
Enchanting to 275 lets you d/e anything but 70 epics. Between 60 and 65, I was making about 25% more on average per green/blue than if I'd vendored, and this definately adds up. 65+ it's more like 75% more money.

Engineering is pretty godly money imo. I've already paid for half of what it cost to lvl and make my goggles, and I've only been zapping the motes that I run across as I quest. Not a lot of farmers = abundance of mote clouds.

IMO, the only profession that actually helps gear you is engineering. You get those sexy goggles as low as lvl 58 now, and a 45 stam trinket (I prefer the gnomish for pve imo. Great way to pull casters!). Considering it's a gathering profession also, it's DEFINATELY the way to go.

So engineering and either enchanting to 275 (if you plan on running a ton of instances) or mining.
_________________
Saviorself - 70 priest
Expriest - 70 warrior
Wafflez - 63ish priest
Crittoris - 66 pally and rising!
Faylinn
Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:37 pm
Don't underestimate enchanting/JC it seems like almost every "upgrade" requires that i re-gem and enchant something (or everything) to make it work. Having these profs helps cut down the cost by allot.
Also with 2.4 there are some nice new epic trinkets for JC.

Alc is nice as well, and they added a nice trinket. I just have an alc alt to get around that...but no mad alc pots that way :-/
_________________

Bouncelot 60 Human Paladin - StormScale
Fivelives
Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:11 pm
JC/Alch (xmute spec) is a good way to make money, too. Dust ore, transmute into uncut metas, profit. It's even better if you have a miner somewhere to feed you primals to use for the transmuting.