Skip to content
Maintankadin

ZA + Heroic - The New Looks

Brute
Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:19 am
Is this bannable? If so, why? If not, how do I do it?
_________________
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Brute]
Cimzar
Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:36 am
I don't believe it is bannable, because it is only on the client side, and even if it were, there is really no way for Blizzard to tell you are doing it, anyways, for the very same reason. It also affects every piece of gear that you switch the skins of, not just the ones you are wearing. So, if you switch your ZA shoulders to look like the t4 ones, every person that wears the ZA shoulders will look like they are wearing the pally t4 ones.
_________________
<3 Bram

The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Erd
Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:11 am
I personally like the look of the badge chest. I am a male blood elf so the browness looks good on me. I also have some brown boots I wear (Boots of Elusion) and the rest of my gear is pink (tier 5) except for the head which I crafted.

I like the mix becuase pink on a male is kinda wierd so the brown adds some masculinity into the mix. I personally like the graphics on the chest. Looks godly.

All in all, as far as stats go, these pieces will hold out nice until I can grab the tier 5 chest and helm. Even then, I might still use the badge chest for boss tanking becuase of the dodge.
Aina
Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:20 am
I can't link to a source or anything, but I'm pretty sure that Blizzard has given a statement that it's a bannable offense. You're basicly hacking the game client, which would be the same as how some of the hacks used by bots (used) to work.
I remember reading that walls and doors and such are all client-side, and if you remove them, you can reach areas you are not supposed to.

So as far as I know, messing with the game client does not make Blizzard happy.

I was kinda expecting that this thread would die quickly, but apparently I'm not the only one with doubts about the looks Smile

On the other hand, I have been messing about with ModelViewer, and wearing the full set, with a different tabard, looks okay. Shoulders are kinda "meh" though.
As someone mentioned before, it's the combination that makes it look pretty nasty. That being said, I hope they put in the new looks for the Amani Bulwark Smile
Cimzar
Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:25 am
Well, re-skinning is completely different than botting. re-skinning is simply changing how something looks, as opposed to botting, which performs actions for you without any user interaction. Re-skinning would be better compared to any UI mod, because it changes what things look like on YOUR screen.

I'm not debating that it may be against the EULA, but it is a client-side change that only affects how you see things, just like the vast majority of the UI mods out there.
_________________
<3 Bram

The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Juliette
Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:15 am
I know how you feel. The Tier 5 set looks the most pretty of all of them, and I would wear it over Tier 6 any day, and definitely over the ZA/Heroic set even if I had 1000 badges right now.

What I would do is get the ZA/Heroic set, and then buy loads of Savoury Deviate Delight Smile Once you've finished raiding, switch back to your shiny purple Tier 5 to wear around IF/Ogrimmar Smile
_________________
corc
Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:46 pm
pretty sure any changing to the core game files would be a bannable offense. I remember back when the expansion was yet to release the new races someone made a panda skin and a few people used it, and got banned just for that--or so they say.

http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/abraham~pandaren.jpg

this one is a good one made by the old MacHall online comic artist

http://www.machall.com/
http://www.threepanelsoul.com/ is his new one, same guys, fyi
_________________
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
Lieris
Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:44 pm
The chest is okay, the tabard covers it nicely so it may as well be a Panzar'thar but with longer sleeves.

The rest though... yuck. Do not want.

I really like tier 5 which is reviled by some so *shrugs*
_________________
Invisusira
Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:00 pm
Yes, reskinning IS a bannable offense. As such, I typically don't give many hints on how to do it.

Juliette
Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:42 pm
Lol, I agree that the Tier 6 does look the most Paladin-ish out of all of them, especially with the halo. But one of the main reasons I switched to full-time Prot is because I was tired of being one of the other 99% of Paladins who are healbots, boringly spamming FoL 24/7. And the yellow/gold looks of the Tier 6 reminds me of that! It's like so typical you know? And I like being 'different' and unique.

Maybe it's only me whose idea of 'pretty' is cute purple/pink rather than 'shiny' gold Smile

But then again, my Paladin is female
_________________
Khepera
Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:18 am
As anyone ever thought about sending up a suggestion to Blizz about the ability to "paint" your armor. Like a vendor beside the Tabard Vendor. Something that would allow you to change the colour, maybe add a decal or something. Its probably a lot harder than Im thinking, and the way blizzard does things, I dont think it would get anywhere.

-Mike