Skip to content
Maintankadin

+6 stats, or + 150 health - patch 2.3

Ardaic
Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:53 pm
I went with a Vindicator's Armor kit, personally. As I wasn't really gaga for any of the enchants, another 8 defense works well for me for keeping up the avoidance and making the most of the slot.
_________________
Utena
Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:25 pm
Actually, that sounds like the best call. With 2.3 Prot being so crowded, I think the best gain people will find is to find a way to hit 490 Defense without having to rely on Anticipation.



8 Defense Rating = 3 or 4 Defense Skill, depending on rounding.

3 Defense Skill = +0.48% avoidance/mitigation
4 Defense Skill = +0.64% avoidance/mitigation

4 Defense Skill = 1/5 Anticipation

1 free talent point > +150 hp


Trying to think of any other slots where you would use +Def enchants/gems over +STA, but can't think of any. Chest enchants just suck hardest.
_________________
My new 0/46/15 build
Dorvan
Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:04 pm
It'd be 3.38 defense skill not 4. That said, even if you were going for that approach (I don't think it's clear that 1 talent point > 150 HP if you've already got a standard 0/49/12 build) you'd be much better off converting your 12 stam -> 12 def on your bracers first.
Vanifae
Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:15 pm
Not having to stack stamina I decided to go with +6 to all stats for kicks.

I can still hit 20K without flasks raid buffed so I am not too worried.
_________________
Visit my crappy blog... Nerf This...
Utena
Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:40 pm
The thing is, 0/49/12 isn't the cookie cutter anymore. It's looking more like 0/46/15, with sacrifices being made in Prot.

At the top end, if you're already well over 490 Defense, I'd drop 5/5 Anticipation, socket in some +DEF to get back to 490, and move those five talent points (back) into places like Precision, Weapon Expertise, One Hand Specialization, and Reckoning.
_________________
My new 0/46/15 build
Tekkel
Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:13 am
I wonder how u all get that much def rating. I got 5/5 anticipation and with the new gloves/legs/chest/boots/bracers I bought I cannot reach 490 Sad
Lacking a shield with def rating hurts me I guess. My only real option is to change my moroes trinket for the hydross one to make up for it. But tbh the moroes trinket is a better oh shit! one then the hydross one.
Fearonir
Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:28 am
Wouldn't the +6 stats scale better with the later t5 and t6 raids?
_________________
lusisia
Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:00 am
Well right now I need the +6 stats for my 102.4%. I was planning on putting a +150 health afterwards but now I think I'll just keep it.
_________________

Some people call me crazy but I like to think of myself as a freelance lunatic.
Ann Coulter is a Cylon