Skip to content
Maintankadin

Stormcaller yes,or no? hmm /ponder

Xanatos
Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:47 am
/agree

I sunk in the gold for stormcaller since dps was gearing up and coming dangerously close to pulling aggro if I'm not in full aggro mode. Very nice boost in spell dmg and with +2% threat on gloves, it's a godsend.
_________________
Worldie
Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:57 am
I took the Stormcaller also, i don't really like slow weapons, i can afford a few HP loss (got 14k unbuffed and think its more than enough), and most of all, the sword is much more fashion than the mace.
_________________
Dorvan
Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:17 am
I sympathize with the aesthetic considerations and the dislike for the feel of slow waepons, but when push comes to shove I don't think there's any real justification for choosing an HH/Thrall weapon over the Gavel.
Vanifae
Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:59 am
There isn't a threat difference between the two and I prefer getting the most out of my Reckoning procs.

Plus it looks better then the hammer.

I don't see either one as really superior, but I like having a faster weapon.
_________________
Visit my crappy blog... Nerf This...
Vanifae
Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:31 am
I can't know everything.

Plus when it comes down to it, maces on average just aren't as cool as swords. That and I feel much more stable and expected aggro build with a fast weapon then a slow one especially at the start of the fight where it counts the most.

It is probably psychological but you have to always go with what feels right when the differences are so small.
_________________
Visit my crappy blog... Nerf This...
Dorvan
Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:34 am
You familiar with Myers-Briggs? You're one of those "feeling" types aren't you Wink

If you're willing to drop 240g getting 4 12 stam gems over 9 stam gems the benefit of the Gavel seems self-evident, but then my take on the matter is to go with what I know mathematically to be better even if I like the aesthetics and feel of a fast sword over a slow mace (as I in fact do), so to each their own. Smile