Inia wrote:Why do all of these have wall of terror for shields? If you are going BV, Skull of Ruin would net you a bit more BV. I have all 3 and wall of terror is reserved only for farming due to it's high BR, when BV is more important I use SoR exclusively.
http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=40400;39276
skull or ruin gives you 38 bonus block value but it has 10 less innate BV than WoT so really only a net gain of 28 block value. it's actually even less because WoT has 13 more strength than SoR so that's another 10 BV or so counting talents. So really in terms of raw BV you're getting less than 20 more BV by going with skull of ruin but you're giving up
-13 strength
-360 armor
-15 def rating
-24 dodge rating
-6 block rating
WoT is ulduar item level whereas skull of ruin is only heroic level gear. I think even for a threat set there are limits to the disparity in item level you should reach to.
These are just my thoughts on the matter, do what you will.
