Skip to content
Maintankadin

OT: Nightfall

Dorvan
Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:19 am
some WWS on this would be wonderful...I'm considering getting one now and it'd be great to have some numbers in hand when I ask my guild for help with the mats.
Lore
Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:21 am
I can't find it in our WWS reports, I think it's because we're hosting them ourselves instead of on lossendil.com and thus using the cheapo version of WWS.
_________________
And then, John was a zombie.
Guillex
Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:26 am
This has me wondering if I shouldn't get it crafted for myself ... Be a decent LOLdps weapon on Shade, whilst opening up windows for wtfpwnage.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
_________________
Official thread killer

Reiyuka
Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:59 am
http://wowwebstats.com/kxkhnt5wvg6xy

On our successful Lurker kill, on Lurker himself, it procced 19 times, for a total of about 20% uptime. Two of our tanks were wielding it during his active phase.

During the submerged phase, I wasn't on tank duty so I ran around the circle judging Light, sealing Crusader, and whacking with Nightfall. Hooray, something productive to do.

I distributed it today, and the casters LOVE it. I heard surprised happy noises from the caster camp all evening, and I've become a slight hero for taking the initiative to get them made. All in all, I'm happy with the way it's turned out.

One of our tanks comments "hooray, I can be TC/Demo/Commanding/Nightfall/sunder bitch now!"
_________________
Reiyuka
Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:10 pm
Mitigating that somewhat is that neither of them were at full 2h axe skill. Teamocil started at 320 and is now 349, and the other guy somewhat less.

Still, it's better than doing your prot loldps. With Seal of the Crusader, it's a no-brainer for me. Less so for a warrior.

And hey, it's a morale booster for the casters.
_________________
Prettyboy
Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:04 pm
Hrm....


/twirls imaginary goatee...


Wonder if my guild would be adverse to me picking up this design and letting me bring this along when I OT/DPS for kara. Not a bad weapon proc, even if it does pretty much suck post-BC, dps wise, but that's not the point, is it.
Gerilith
Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:14 pm
Tried this one in Naxx. The loss of DPS by the warrior was greater than its benefit overall.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
Tiandelin
Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:56 am
I'll have a Nightfall of my own soon, and I'm wondering what I should put on it. Iron Counterweight looks like the best to me since it would increase its uptime slightly.
_________________
Worldie
Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:49 pm
I've putted Iron Counterweight on that, and i have some plate leg and glove with just +hit gems and +haste enchanst.

The procrate is not on PPM, is about 10-15% per swing. Seal of the Crusader actually helps its proc. I don't know if SoB or SoC make it proc as well.

Pre TBC this could even be used as DPS weapon for some time, actually its only good as offtank weapon. It increases raid DPS much more than your dps loss, and however you can put out some interesting damage with SoR since it's not affected by weapon damage but only by weapon speed, and the Nightfall is quite slow.
I once off-tanked Void Reaver using that and got aggro at about 50% of the fight, and i always tank Hydross' adds using the Nightfall as well.

And no, the proc doesn't suck, it's beautiful since unlike most of lvl 60 items, it had not get nerfed and still provide that 15% spelldamage. I once had some consecrations ticking for 300+ due to a triple (!) nightfall debuff on Karathress (was me and the other 2 warriors spamming hamstring Very Happy )
_________________

khash
Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:21 pm
so any consensus on the best enchant for it?

iron counterweight - small, but permanent haste increase
mongoose - huge, but proc chance haste increase, costly mats
spellsurge - mana return to the party
battlemaster - heals party


personally im deciding betweening counterweight and mongoose, any thoughts?
_________________
khash
Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:24 am
ok so doing the math i get:

counterweight: 1.27% haste always
mongoose: 2% haste

so mongoose would have to be up 2/3 of the time to be better (i only care about the haste, so as to up the proc of the nightfall), which i doubt it would be so im going with counterweight
_________________