Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hero's Surrender VS Wall of Terror

Petrus
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:44 am
I lost the first Hero's Surrender but won the first Wall of Terror. I like it, just wish it had a bit more stam.
_________________

MrDuck
Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:49 pm
Well i passed hero's sunderer 'cos patch also dropped sand-worn band, so we made a deal with the other tankadin - so i took the ring(was better upgrade for me). Hope wall will drop tomorrow then, 'cos the shield refuses to drop ever since our 1st kill.

Since we only have 2 shield wearing tanks, when i discount one not very active warrior who doesnt have the dkp to steal the shield off me Razz, i'm gonna get any shield that drops now so...no matter which it is, i think wall and sunderer are fairly close. I would prefer sunderer, but wuth my gear choices i'm lately finding DPS getting a little closer to me on threat than i would like. Once when i looked at Omen on sapphiron when i wasn't using judgement of light, i was at shocking 5k TPS only, and the mage below me was at 8k (heroism was up and i guess he blasted his cooldowns), while i only had about 25% lead. So the little threat increase, also from the higher BV on wall, it might be a better choice with my gear :O
_________________
Daddytank
Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:16 pm
imo easy descision.

Wall of terror firstly because its looks sexy compared to the HS.

If you out gear content, then its all about doing it looking good. gogo aesthetics
_________________
aleyona
Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:56 pm
After checking them both out very very carefully, I basically came to the conclusion that whichever one drops first is better. Hero's surrender edges out on pure avoidance, however the armor and block value gives wall of terror fighting room.

Personally If I had my choice between the two, I'd go with wall of terror. Mostly just because it's a status symbol. Any idiot could get lucky and get hero's surrender - but to get wall of terror you HAVE to kill kel'thuzad. And, I'm just a fan of the giant shield of doom look it has going for it.
_________________
Ponthas(formerly Aleyona) of Srs Bsns
Modal
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:32 am
I choose (D) Barricade of Eternity because it looks so much cooler.
_________________
Majiben
Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:43 am
You're going for 101.8% miss+ dodge + parry? Not sure that DR would ever allow that.
_________________
amh
Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:11 am
I think you´re over-analyzing. Evangelia seems to stack avoidance. Not really contradicting you there.
_________________