Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is Heavy Borean Armor Kit the best universal buff to gloves?

Gamingdevil
Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:38 am
The problem when adding more options later, is that people can't go back and change their choice, making the end result rather unreliable.

Damn you Threatco, do it right the first time!
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Majiben
Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:40 am
Who did spell power? Where are you so I can come through the modem and slap you!
_________________
Zeels
Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:40 am
I'm still surprised so many chooses armsman.
_________________
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Martie
Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:25 am
I enchanted my gloves with armsman as well, mostly because I had a bad experience at malygos, some of my dps came a tad too close. I also liked the fact that it is a flat percentage, which means it has a synergy with all threat upgrades I get.

Honestly, I was quite split between all the choices.

Most of them increase my survivability, most of them increase my threat generation.
For threat generation, armsman is the best.

For survivability, it's a bit harder to say.
15 strength increases my block value by 1% or less, and while I am of the 'every little bit helps' school, it's lackluster at best, a damage reduction of ~0.01% at places where it matters.
18 stamina is worth about 0.6% of my health when raidbuffed.
20 agility is worth about 0.35% dodge after diminishing returns, and 40 armor which I'm gonna ignore.
10 parry rating is worth about 0.2% parry.
240 armor. Worth about 0.22% physical damage reduction.

When calculating pure avoidance increases, I have to take my current avoidances into consideration. Since that's about 50%, I can simply double the percentages. For armor, it's more then doubled, so let's put that at 0.5%.

Additional advantages for armor and stamina is that it makes your damage intake more even, and it can change a hit that outright kills you into a hit that leaves you at 1 hp, with avoidance, that hit would be either kill you or not hit you at all.

So, when it comes to survivabilty, strength is basically worthless, agility is the best, but is closely followed by (in order) Stamina, armor and armsman.
_________________
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Culhag
Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:45 am
I choose Armsmen when I enchanted my gloves, because I didn't know of the other options at the time.

I think I'll put Agility when (if) I get the T7-25 gloves.
_________________
WotLK stole my sleep.
Prot again for heroics ! and Naxx !
Majiben
Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:40 am
I find it curious how inconsistent your math was. You applied DR to some of the enchants but not others and failed to mention the base stats you were assuming.

+15str is not useless as you claim. For myself it reduces the incomming dps by the same amount until the hits are larger than 5000k as arms man. You completely ignored the DR on parry which for many oeople make 10 parry rating worth 70% of what it is worth without.
_________________
Eanin
Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:28 pm
The problem with +15 str, as I see it, is that it is an inferior threat enchant to armsman, an inferior EH enchant to +18 stam, an inferior mitigation enchant to 240 armor and an inferior avoidance enchant to +20 agility.
_________________