Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tempered Titansteel Helm to get a gem socket?

SellassieTanks
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:09 am
OMG! My prayers have finally been answered! Thank you blizzard gods!
_________________
Arcand
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:44 am
/keanureeves

Whoa.
SellassieTanks
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:59 am
OK....so how "official" is this? As i have done some searching and not been able to find anything form Blizz officially
_________________
Arcand
Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:06 am
They've officially put it on the PTR, at least.

Now we wait for it to go live.
_________________
Belloc
Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:07 pm
I hope they nerf the stats on that before it hits live, because they'll damn sure nerf it later.
_________________
Belloc
daemonym
Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:11 pm
and after i spent 200g on arcanum, meta, and green gem for my arcane-shielded helm last night and about to filet a warrior that tried to ninja it from me...i'm just in shock lol. i mean, this helm is great as is for a pre raid piece no question about it. but jesus all that stam, plus 32 from a meta and another 20 something from a blue gem...wow. thank god i didn't drop mine!!
_________________
anrke
Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:47 pm
How can they get the items wrong? I mean, isn't there a pretty explicit formula relating to an items iLevel and the pool of stats available to it for that level?

There's a distinct difference between an item which has been poorly itemised, versus one which has been under-itemised.

In the case of this helm, I hope it was just previously under-itemised. The wowhead comparisons with other ilevel 200 helms on the previous page seems to back this up somewhat. Adding the 2 sockets and keeping it's high +stam level seems to balance against the other helms with 2 sockets, 111 stam and other mitigation/avoidance stats such as dodge, block etc.

Either way, I just crafted my titansteel sheild last night, so I'll start working on the bars for this helm now!
Serelynn
Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:05 pm
This helmet getting a meta socket is a huge relief. I recently won the helmet from Gothik 25, but now I can socket the old helmet for stamina/spell damage reduction and use it on caster bosses since it has obscene amounts of stamina.

This change along with us getting a single target taunt = dream come true.
_________________


"I've come to the conclusion that I'm not actually living. I'm just killing time." - tiny ghosts, 74
Eltiana
Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:34 pm
....Wait....so whats the benefit of me having Engineering again? Crying or Very sad Buff Goggles please. Not fair our BoP helm is now about equal to BS BoE helm >_<
_________________