Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear Advice

Sweeney
Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:53 am
Lucretia -- you seem to be getting out of the trap of overthinking everything, that's good. Smile

I think I had banked or vendored all of those T4/ZA pieces by 74-75, as soon as I saw pieces with more stamina and AC. Raw survivability will get you through heroics, and then in heroics you start seeing some pieces that will supplement with more avoidance again.
_________________
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
maurok
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:52 am
I just saw your armory, and you took 2/5s on reckoning instead of 2/2 on Judgements of the Just. if you are having problems tanking heroic bosses, you shouldn´t skip a 20% speed reduction on the bosses...

reckoning is consensually a terrible talent. also, get Improved Judgement 1/2, or your rotation will be broken.


I´d start heroic with nexus, it´s one of the easiest, and you could grab a nice helm there (at least it is what the loot table says... I´ve done it 13 times and no helm so far =[ )
Kroda
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:27 am
I'd highly recommend making all of the jc pieces. They may eventually be replaced, but they give a huge upgrade now and will enable you to spend your badges elsewhere until you do get an upgrade.

I'm a jc/bs as well and I just dinged 80.

I have around 4k more hp and a bit more armor and similar avoidance.

You actually have a better chestpiece and belt.

Some easy upgrades.

There is a level 74 quest that is soloable at 80 that leads to a nice ring

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=13098

look for Refined ore gloves http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37671 on the ah

I'm hoping to get your belt from the AH and get a chest upgrade this week.

good luck!
_________________