Skip to content
Maintankadin

Are You Ready for Heroics and/or Naxx? Look Here!

Panzerdin
Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:57 pm
I'm the one that can edit the OP, and the text is staying as is.

/disucssion
Majiben
Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:06 pm
Panzerdin wrote:I'm one of the ones that can edit the OP, and the text is staying as is.

/disucssion
Fixed. Also agreed.
Panzerdin
Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:46 pm
Again, doesn't need fixing, because I was referring to the sample of the persons involved in the discussion, not the world as a whole.

Bad frog!
Majiben
Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:05 pm
I dare you to take a bite cat, let the posion seep into you.
Panzerdin
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:37 pm
Show me a poisonous blue frog, and I will eat it.

In the meantime, postcount +1 :D
Samilyn
Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:03 am
For anyone who doesn't quite have 535 defense but wants to run heroics, check out "Lesser Flask of Toughness," which gives the user 50 resilience for 1 hour. This effect persists through death, and is a nice chunk of uncritability.

Note that if you're searching the AH, they don't come up under the "Flask" tab of the "Consumables" menu. Rather, type "Lesser Flask of Toughness" or some variation of that as a search parameter. I've consistently seen them at 3-8g each, which is really low considering how much it's going to cost to repair all your new epics! Happy hunting!
Marker
Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:40 am
What kind of DPS should be expected from the DPS classes when starting HCs? ...or put less gently, which players should I kick mid-run for semi-afking through it?
kenshin648
Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm
So, what if I only have ~300 hp less than recommended? Does that matter all that much if its so little? o.o

541 defense, ~21k armor, ~19.7k hp unbuffed


I'll have much more hp once I can get revered with the argent crusade.
Majiben
Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:16 pm
kenshin648 wrote:So, what if I only have ~300 hp less than recommended? Does that matter all that much if its so little? o.o

541 defense, ~21k armor, ~19.7k hp unbuffed


I'll have much more hp once I can get revered with the argent crusade.
Well I'll say no becaue you have a lot of either low quality gems/enchants and misssing enchants. Get +22 stamina to your boots, change your gems in your legs to pur stamina (never go for str socket bonuses by socketing an AP gem), stick a +12 stamina armor kit on your head until you get you AC rep, get +12 def, stam or +6 stats to your bracers, an d get +16 defense to your cloak. You'll have plently more avoidane and hp at that point without breaking the bank.
kenshin648
Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:47 pm
Is there some kind of red socket stam gem somewhere then? Or what purple gem should I place in it? At the time, that was the only "ok" gem in the AH at that time.
Maddok
Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:45 pm
There is a dodge / stamina purple colored gem.
Majiben
Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:49 pm
Ignore gems sockets if they aren't easily attianable or don't offer a good reward. In this case the red socket is not easily fillable and the bonus is poor (str). The colors are a minigame and you never need to fill them with the same coloring so stick a stamina gem in it.
Panzerdin
Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:42 pm
This isn't the AA, I'd rather people didn't derail this thread.
Morlin
Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:21 pm
I <3 this sticky.

Short, simple, and effective.

And in reference to gems, I have found WoW Gem Finder to be a great resource for finding exactly the gems you need. =)
kenshin648
Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:06 pm
I might be ready for some of the "easier" heroics now. All thats really left for me to do, I think, is get a bracer enchant and maybe stick a titanium weapon chain on my mace.