Skip to content
Maintankadin

Block Value Set

Hexzon
Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:01 am
I Tanked Ros P1 P2 and P3 true story who needs warriors.

But anyways a block val set is very nice for aoe tanking, for example if in felmyst if u don't mt and get like 800 or so block val without reducing other stats to much you can basically fully mitgate all the skelly attacks and go lol easy mode.
_________________
Teloc
Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:02 am
I tanked a full non enrage part of ros pt1 in my normal gear..our warrior made a bv set..and we came out with the same hp.

He then tanks ros pt2.

Then I took over for part 3.

I wouldn't worry about it, also point out to your raid leadership the damage difference between a warrior getting soul screamed and a paladin getting soul screamed.

After the first scream I don't have any more then around 800 mana and thats only if I just got massive heals in the 1 seconds before the scream went off.
_________________
Knaughty
Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:58 pm
Warriors can tank P3.

Paladins can tank P2 (I've done it - no warrior available).

However both decisions are equally retarded. Tell you raid leader than MC called, and it wants it's 1.0 tactics back.

If you do get P3 tanking: Stick yourself in a caster group with Shadow Priest & Shaman, wear a max threat set (keep some avoidance / uncrushable), pop Wings + Icon of the Silver Cresent + Destruction Pot early and go to town. We're killing Brute, my DPS isn't capped for P3.

Warriors do substantially less threat and take a TON more damage. I've seen a mostly T-6 geared warrior gibbed by "Dance to Battle -> big-auto from RoS -> Full Rage -> Scream -> Splutch".

That was the last time a warrior tanked RoS P3 for my guild.
_________________