Skip to content
Maintankadin

All Things Mr. Robot!

Showania
Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:31 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Are the stat weighting still correct on this? It's putting me about 1.8% under the CTC cap :< But I don't see anywhere where it would account for raid buffs either. (Kind of my first time actually using the thing, wasn't sure to trust it before :x)
KnotUrDay724
Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:53 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

I was a little hesitant, as it kept having me reforge Expertise and Hit to Haste, then reforge leftover (after I hit my mark on Haste) to Mastery. I am a Frost Death Knight for DPS, and Blood Tank spec, so for Frost Spec I was curious why I would want to be using Haste, since that hasn't been a primary focus stat since patch 3.x.

I noticed right away the change in output damage. I did want to play around with Crit, as I noticed with a higher crit a little, but not sure if it will play a big part. When I work my rotation correctly, it feels like theirs a higher output that's more consistent, even if not the top in Recount (for gear level, I expect that).
Koatanga
Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Not sure why, but with Epic Gems set to LFR Tier 13 or higher, Mr. Robot still puts rare gems in Bladeshatter Treads (397), and epic gem in Immolation Shoulderguards (378) and Uncrushable Belt of Fury (378).
theckhd
Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Their PvE weights are also a bit odd; the Stamina valuation is only 0.2, which is much lower than I remember it being before the update. And I'd argue that the "minimize damage taken" settings are all but obsolete.

Anyone planning on using Mr. Robot to optimize for Dragon Soul will have to put their own stat weights in. I'm still toying with things as I have time, but so far these weights have been working well enough for me

Mastery: 0.99
Dodge: 0.85-1
Parry: 0.85-1
Stamina: 0.65-0.67
Strength: 0.35
Armor: 0.16
Expertise: 0.01
Hit: 0.01
"Prioritize CTC" checked.

The choice for stamina depends on exactly how much you value Stam. 0.65 will suggest puissant (mast/stam) in any yellow slot, while 0.67 will favor Fractured (mastery). They still don't have an option to ignore the elixir/food combination though, so be aware that a 0.67 stamina weight will almost always shift to that combo and re-gem you all stamina.

I haven't nailed down the dodge/parry yet. At 0.85 it's tending to reforge parry/dodge to mastery on heavily unbalanced items (i.e. my ring). At 1, it's tending to reforge the hit. I have to play with it some more to finalize that.
Koatanga
Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Does the weighting change when you have 2pc tier? It would seem that things that impact the amount of Judgement damage we do would have higher value as they contribute to the 25% absorption.
theckhd
Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Weighting of what?
killadro
Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Would anyone happen to have some more accurate stat weights to use on mr robot? I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!!

theckhd wrote:Anyone planning on using Mr. Robot to optimize for Dragon Soul will have to put their own stat weights in. I'm still toying with things as I have time, but so far these weights have been working well enough for me

Mastery: 0.99
Dodge: 0.85-1
Parry: 0.85-1
Stamina: 0.65-0.67
Strength: 0.35
Armor: 0.16
Expertise: 0.01
Hit: 0.01
"Prioritize CTC" checked.
Sunblock
Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:51 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Can anyone help me out finding suitable statweightings for the following targets.

CTCcapped 102.4
Hitcapped 8%
Expertise softcapped 26

when im trying to set the stats to that... and pressing apply. MR.robot gets stuck.
Fenrìr
Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:48 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

/bump for sunblock's question. I'm trying to hover around 5% hit and 20'ish% exp.
sfrog
Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:20 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

I'm having some issues with Mr Robot. It may stem from my ability to break mechanically inclined objects, like my car that just broke for no apparent reason, but it might not.

Every time I load Mr Robot up after doing what Mr Robot suggests I do, I get a different set of suggestions. After spending about 10k gold, I wised up and have come for help. Example: In my crafted Foundations of Courage, one day it will suggest 3 Fractured Lightstones, the next day it'll be Puissiant Elven Peridot, and then, just today, it had me flip to a mix of pure mastery and pure stam gems, all without changing gear around.

I think I haven't quite gotten the hang of Mr Robot yet. Is it best to make one change, reload it, and literally do the suggestions one at a time to ensure that you don't wind up going broke trying to make it happy?
almightybooka
Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Is Mr Robot fixed? It seems to be suggesting proper tanking gems and gear, at least.
Teranoid
Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:35 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

So after the "update" my optimized score is... less than my previous? The hell? The other night it wanted me to gem stam after being CTC capped and now it wants me to go back to gemming pure mastery in those slots. Not to mention removing my reforges to throw my parry/dodge even more out of whack than it already is.

I don't get it.

Edit: Nevermind. Yeah I do get it. I'm retarded and shouldn't try modifying gear at 4 in the morning.
theckhd
Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:00 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

almightybooka wrote:Is Mr Robot fixed? It seems to be suggesting proper tanking gems and gear, at least.


Yes, they tweaked their stat weights based on my feedback. So it should be making much better suggestions now.

Actually, they artificially bumped Stamina up far further than it needed to be. You can go as low as 0.67 or so and still get good suggestions. I'm not sure why they bumped it up to 1.5, but it doesn't make much difference in the results, since Stam is still the highest priority.
Jeremoot
Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Okay, the "prefer CTC" button needs to come back.

I was using this site because it saved me tons of time in figuring out where I needed to place gems / reforge, but ever since you removed that button it forces feast / cauldron (which I do not want).

Or at least allow us to decide our own food / flasks.
lazy_dave
Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:46 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

it only forces feast/cauldron if you have that option ticked
theckhd
Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:45 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Jeremoot wrote:I was using this site because it saved me tons of time in figuring out where I needed to place gems / reforge, but ever since you removed that button it forces feast / cauldron (which I do not want).

Or at least allow us to decide our own food / flasks.


There's a checkbox for that under the Options menu ("Always use feast/cauldron"). I hadn't noticed that they removed the Prioritize CTC button. I suppose they just built it into the default stat weights, but it should've been kept so that people can play with custom stat weights.
Jeremoot
Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:26 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

lazy_dave wrote:it only forces feast/cauldron if you have that option ticked


It's forcing feast / cauldron for me even with that option unticked, Mastery at 5, and Dodge/Parry at 0.
lazy_dave
Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:00 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Jeremoot wrote:It's forcing feast / cauldron for me even with that option unticked, Mastery at 5, and Dodge/Parry at 0.

i tried it with custom stat weights (on my mobile) and i can still tick/untick feast/cauldron to force it on and off.....no idea why it wouldn't be working for you, sorry
Skye1013
Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:06 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

You aren't refreshing your browser at any point are you? I've found that any time I refresh my browser, I have to go back in and change all of those settings (no Epic gems, ignore run speed enchants, and whatever else I feel like changing.)
Bumlak
Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:25 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Is it just me, or is it not trying to balance parry/dodge?
Cowmmunion
Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

I just ran my pally through it, and it took my 18/12 parry/dodge (thanks blizzard, for giving noooo dodge gear) and turned it into something like 21/8. So it's not just you
theckhd
Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:05 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

I've noticed it do things like that too. I think it's a side-effect of the CTC-capping algorithm. In other words, it's trying really really hard to get you to exactly 102.4% and minimizing the overage, and sometimes it might do that more effectively by unbalancing dodge and parry and devaluing the net avoidance you get per rating.

At least, that's my guess. I really don't know for sure.
Gab
Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:53 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Cowmmunion wrote:(thanks blizzard, for giving noooo dodge gear)


Not a whole lot of consolation but our weapon enchant (Windwalk) and most of the relevant trinkets are dodge or have use/proc being dodge. Stay of execution, Fire of the Deep, Moonwell Vial, Vial of Stolen Memories, the new HoT proc one etc... So it gets a little closer to being balanced during WW proc or use/proc of the these trinkets. Doubt that Mr. Robot takes these things into account though.
Jeremoot
Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:08 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Gab wrote:
Cowmmunion wrote:(thanks blizzard, for giving noooo dodge gear)


Not a whole lot of consolation but our weapon enchant (Windwalk) and most of the relevant trinkets are dodge or have use/proc being dodge. Stay of execution, Fire of the Deep, Moonwell Vial, Vial of Stolen Memories, the new HoT proc one etc... So it gets a little closer to being balanced during WW proc or use/proc of the these trinkets. Doubt that Mr. Robot takes these things into account though.


According to the forums, it does. There's a sticky somewhere that explains they take procs into account when balancing dodge/parry.

I tried clearing my cache and hard-refreshing the page. Still, even with the feast/cauldron option unchecked, it's trying to use Feast / Cauldron. That's with ANY of the pre-sets, as well as custom weights were I set dodge / parry to 0.
Gab
Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:23 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Jeremoot wrote:According to the forums, it does. There's a sticky somewhere that explains they take procs into account when balancing dodge/parry.


Good to know. I hadn't read much of the forum. Ignorance is bliss! I knew it took averages from proc/use uptimes for weightings on DPS trinkets. I didn't think it would do the same for balancing dodge/parry through reforging though. Explains some of the balancing issues then.

Jeremoot wrote:I tried clearing my cache and hard-refreshing the page. Still, even with the feast/cauldron option unchecked, it's trying to use Feast / Cauldron. That's with ANY of the pre-sets, as well as custom weights were I set dodge / parry to 0.


Could it be a browser issue? I'm using Firefox (I assume the newest version can't check since I'm at work) and it works fine for me...