Skip to content
Maintankadin

Best way to gear up prior to WoD (Retribution)?

Nimaothar
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:35 am

Best way to gear up prior to WoD (Retribution)?

Hey all,

I recently resubscribed to WoW after seeing the changes coming with WoD (like many others I'm sure), only instead of focusing on tanking, I think I want to take it easy and play a ret until the end of the expansion (especially with the stats on gear being modified based on your role that is coming...). That said, I look at 5.4...and get very confused. I no longer have a weekly objective of capping on valor in hopes of buying new items, just upgrading the stuff I already have (and it seems a waste to upgrade 502 gear to 510...). So, will my gearing up strategy really be Celestials on Tuesday, grind out enough lesser charms so that I can get runes of fate to use on my weekly flex run, and that's it? (20 minute fights per boss in LFR are out of the question for me, especially when teams tend to fail at the last 2-3%...). I see these 535 gear that I could get from burdens, but the stats are random and my luck I'll get items that don't have haste on them anyway so that also does not feel like an effective use of time...Anything I'm missing?
econ21
Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: Best way to gear up prior to WoD (Retribution)?

I still cap valor. 540+8 = close to normal drops (553). Daily hc scenarios are the most efficient ways. But a daily normal scenario and daily heroic dungeon is also very time efficient; if you have a decent flex run, you'll only need minimal grinding of VP.

Personally, I'd forget about 535 gear. It just seems ridiculously grindy to get burdens. And I suspect 528 LFR is often better, due to the itemisation, and much for fun for me, at least, to obtain.