Skip to content
Maintankadin

[PvP] Super-WoG

Kyonai
Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:50 pm

[PvP] Super-WoG

Preface: I'm a Prot Paladin as my main, and I'm trying to prove Prots worth as a PvP spec. I haven't had a hard time of that yet, still some people refuse to believe me. </preface>
As the title says, I believe I've just broke what WoG should be. Me and my 2's partner, Silvervvolf (Bear Tank) were just doing 2s and came across a Ret-tard Demolock comp. Was a fun fight, but on to the substance of the topic. Pictures to explain what had just happened.
Before:
Image
After:
Image
100k WoG, discuss. What's the highest anyone's ever gotten on a WoG cast? We went on to demolish them for the rest of the match. Any opinions on Prot PvP?
Kelaan
Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:44 am

Re: [PvP] Super-WoG

Since I PVP as prot too, can you elaborate on how you did that? Also, is that a 2H weapon you're using? How does Crusader Strike's damage scale with a 2H vs 1H when you have a ton of vengeance? I haven't been able to make any good tests, and don't want to subject my teammate to losses while I test in real matches.
Kyonai
Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:20 am

Re: [PvP] Super-WoG

Why yes that is a 2H on the side bar there, I put that on when I'm at 100% Vengeance and have them stunned for a significant amount of time. It's actually Gurthalak, picked it up from an RF run a while back. Crusader Strike with capped Vengeance hits quite considerably harder than anything I usually throw, minus a guaranteed crit 3 HoPo Shield of the Righteous. As for the WoG, couldn't really tell you. I blew Wings at 3 HoPo and smashed my WoG button, hoping for the best haha.
Fenrìr
Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:05 am

Re: [PvP] Super-WoG

There's another thread somewhere about people as ret getting 110-120k crits in the right circumstances. But now, this is really a mute point with the change that was much warrented.
Kelaan
Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Re: [PvP] Super-WoG

Yeah, but that's when people are ret, healing a feral partner. Ret gets bonus healing (and normally specs for it), and feral has an increased-healing-taken talent. The interesting thing here is that it looks like he's healing himself.

Wings + WoG. I wish I'd thought of that. >_>
Fenrìr
Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Re: [PvP] Super-WoG

Prot can also get bonus healing on yourself depending on how you spec. And I'm assuming, since he didn't post his spec, he went into holy for increased healing.
Kelaan
Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:40 am

Re: [PvP] Super-WoG

That's a very good point, I hadn't even thought about that. :)
Kyonai
Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:30 am

Re: [PvP] Super-WoG

Actually this is my Prot>Ret spec, if someone can refresh my memory the extra healing is first tier in Holy for 3 points correct?
EDIT: And if anyone's really interested I can post my spec later today when I get on my gaming machine.
EDIT2: This is my spec for anyone who really cares :P
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#bc01!!jhkSeZTeeQ!Tgb