I - like everyone else in 4.3, I suspect - have a rogue alt, who has the 397 daggers which form the first reward from the legendary questline. With this in mind, and the ready availability of 378 gear, I think it's about time I really tried to push the envelope a bit on him. I don't do badly on him relative to the denizens of LFR, but that's hardly a reasonable measure of success given how the low the standard is set.
The Combat rotation is very straightforward. I've already got my head around the simple tips from EJ, such as lining up Killing Spree with Bandit's Guile rather than using it on cooldown (and I have a timer telling me how long's left on the buff, so I can try to time it with Landslide procs if that's possible), correct use of Revealing Strike (rocket surgery it ain't), and as I'm becoming more familiar with the encounters I'm getting better with timing Adrenaline Rush uses.
What other bits and pieces are there to optimise around? I confess that I don't use Rupture at all, as EJ said it's only a DPS increase if there's a bleed damage debuff on the boss and even then it's only around a 1% increase; given that it's an alt and I'm not used to a DPS role I figure I probably end up ahead by simple ignoring it.
Also, any tips for Subtlety? I like the play-style much, much more than Combat but there are a few Sub-unfriendly encounters in LFR and, more to the point, "optimising" my Subtlety DPS really means "not messing up the rotation and trying to maximise Find Weakness uptime" rather than anything more advanced.
Epimer
Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:16 am
