Hello everyone and welcome to Ana's home for recovering protection paladins. I'm tired of spreading my questions out through emails and forum pms, and the EJ thread is kind of smelly, so I made us a home here. Please take a seat and let's discuss that most superior of DPS specs -- retribution.
I'll start off with some of the gear questions I've been thinking about lately.
Valor point gear-- my plan is to do relic, then cloak, then neck.
Tier gear-- plans? T13 2pc is something I would like to obtain fairly quickly, but the reports I've read of a long, long (1 second +) delay on the HP generation from Judge really annoy me.
As for when to switch, I haven't simmed it yet to find out when it would be worth breaking my 391 T12. Share with me if you have decided or simmed it for yourself. My feel is that it's not worth breaking for raid finder loots but is worth breaking for 397 so long as the bug with the HP generation is resolved. I know I've been told by one person that he plans to get 2pc ASAP and another that he plans to break for 2pc 397. What's your plan?
Offset piece. What's your plan?
Trinkets--
Since I was not mainspec ret last tier, I was not able to obtain a Firestone for AOK. I know that there are heavily differing opinions on the value/futureproof nature of AOK and simming will only tell me so much.... I'm wondering in general whether it's worth picking up a Firestone for it at this point, since we will be back in FL this week & possibly later for mounts / staves. What do you think? What are your trinket plans?
Right now I'm looking at Eye of Unmaking & Bone Link Fetish as the trinket options to have.
Thoughts, fellow rollers of face?
PS: Having now raided with the buffs live, I am a big huge fan of them. I hope you all enjoyed being ret this week as much as I have.
anafielle
Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:08 am
