Skip to content
Maintankadin

Next toon to trek from 80-85?

Shyrtandros
Thu May 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Next toon to trek from 80-85?

As the questions state..

I am in the mood to lvl a new lvl 80 up to lvl 85 for the purpose of healing.. usually pvp healing a little bit of PVE healing...

So fire away!
Cogglamp
Thu May 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

Disc Priesting is fun in BGs and in arena. "Tanking" 2 players for 30 seconds or so while you wait for the cavalry to arrive is what keeps me playing my disc over playing any other healer in PvP.

Holy priesting is fun in PvE as well. Having two healing trees adds a little diversity to the healing game.
Shyrtandros
Thu May 26, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

I figured the answer would be the character that I can't level as easily!

My druid can get to lvl 85 just off herb farming LOL!

I miss my priest sometimes, the pvp on him was intense!
Shyrtandros
Fri May 27, 2011 11:00 am

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

So the results thus far are pretty obvious.. 0 for DRUID and 7 for PRIEST.

Can anyone explain why? Did druids get screwed for this part of the expansion? Did priests get massive buffs? or is it just a coincidence that all tankadins like priests more than druids? lol!

Just wondering if it's a gameplay reason or just opinion.. Thanks!
Amirya
Fri May 27, 2011 11:44 am

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

Fine, I'll cast for resto druid.

However, I don't pvp, so I can't speak from that view point. It is my understanding, though, that resto is still pretty decent, kiting while hotting or something.

I do, however, have a resto druid and a disc priest, and I like both quite well for pve. About the only thing that kills me when I'm on my druid is when my efflor appears, and people run out of it. This is usually on boss fights. After I've been using that on trash as well, and they ignore it.
Kelaan
Fri May 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

My only perspective (I voted disc) was that I can't seem to get Disc healers below 80% mana, whereas I've Almost Killed druids several times. Druids have some really impressive crowd control, though. Root, cyclone, bash, etc, and can open from stealth. That's pretty slick also, IMO. Both of them seem to have some powerful tools.

Druid seems to be about a massive bag of tricks which a skilled player can leverage really well - very high mobility, lots of snares. Disc seems to just be hard to kill. Perhaps it's just that my damage output as Prot in arenas is Shite. :D (And, quite possibly that's skill-related.)
fafhrd
Fri May 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

Shyrtandros wrote:So the results thus far are pretty obvious.. 0 for DRUID and 7 for PRIEST.

Can anyone explain why? Did druids get screwed for this part of the expansion? Did priests get massive buffs? or is it just a coincidence that all tankadins like priests more than druids? lol!

Just wondering if it's a gameplay reason or just opinion.. Thanks!


I voted priest because they can't be tempted into becoming moonkin :/
bldavis
Fri May 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

fafhrd wrote:
Shyrtandros wrote:So the results thus far are pretty obvious.. 0 for DRUID and 7 for PRIEST.

Can anyone explain why? Did druids get screwed for this part of the expansion? Did priests get massive buffs? or is it just a coincidence that all tankadins like priests more than druids? lol!

Just wondering if it's a gameplay reason or just opinion.. Thanks!


I voted priest because they can't be tempted into becoming moonkin :/

they could go shadow.....

i voted priest simply because your druid is resto and not feral :twisted:
fafhrd
Fri May 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

I've got nothing against shadowpriests, so that's fine ^_^
Devistasion
Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

Do them both!!!!! I just got finished leveling my resto druid and I am thinking of leveling my disc priest.
bldavis
Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

im to the point that i need to decide which will be my next toon to bumrush through BC and Wrath content...
53 rogue, 40 enh/resto shammie, or 58 DK on alt server
Shyrtandros
Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:29 am

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

Well I'm juggling 3 leveling toons right now.

My girlfriend and I are leveling a set of high lvls (82 now) which is my druid, and a set of low levels which is my shaman (lvl 55).

However the toons I level on my own usually level MUCH faster due to me being the WoW addict and her being the casual :)