Hrobertgar wrote: I do run EG, and I've been 12/12 Normal mode for a couple weeks, and there are instances when a 15 yrd judgement range would leave me a little bit out.
Al'Akir, ph1 certainly. The range means I do not have to risk being interupted while maintaining judgement haste
Yeah, we have made 3 whole pulls against Al'Akir and have not survived more than 60 seconds so I have almost no experience in that fight. I see how extra Judgement range could help a ton here and may have to adjust my spec when we plan on working on this guy.
Hrobertgar wrote: Maloriak, blue phase. Having extra range allows more room for melee, and can allow me to break ice blocks
I am a 10-man raider and finding a space and still being able to judge has not been an issue for me. If it were, I guess I could go out and Judge the adds....the room is smallish and I don't think I would be out of range of anyone if I did that.
Hrobertgar wrote: 4 Winds. having more than 15 yrd range is definitely helpfull for frost platform and life platform, but prolly not requried
I have never had an issue here. Sure, does the boss occassionally drop a frost patch between me and the tank? Sure, so I work my way around and perhaps delay a Judgement by 5-10 seconds until I get in range again. Really, not a huge issue.
Hrobertgar wrote: Omnitron. We tank Toxi by the wall to allow more room to kill adds, so a 15 yard range would leave me either too close to Toxi, or potentially moving to a poor position on the far side of the room Judging the other boss to keep the haste rating up.
I just start running once DBM tells me that PP is starting. I am well out of range once the adds pop and if I am not targeted, I run back in. If I am targeted, I again delay my next Judgement by 5 or 10 seconds waiting for DPS to kill my add and then I run back in.
Again, I would maintain that most Holy Paladins could "save" three talent points (1 from Enlightened Judgement and 2 from Improved Judgement) to put elsewhere and not lose virtually any of their healing potential from what I can see. You can survive quite well without the additional Judgement range.
Cheers,