Epimer wrote:Looking at the kill logs rather than any wipes, there's several things which stand out. You're not using Holy Shock on cooldown. Ignoring Daybreak procs, your Holy Shock usage is what you'd expect if each of those fights was ~1 minute shorter. So you're losing out on a ton of Holy Power. Hand of Sacrifice usage over all kills: none. Lay on Hands: two. Holy Radiance: variable on different fights, but glaringly absent on a couple. Divine Favor: four. Avenging Wrath (despite being talented into shorter cooldown): three times in six fights. You're worried about your throughput but not using your throughput cooldowns very often, and you're neglecting to use some of the abilities you have at your disposal.
Agree with everything Epimer said but the quoted paragraph is the biggest part. A Holy Paladin is the "CD healer." Yeah, only one heal spell is on a CD but all of our throughput increasers are on CDs. You need to be using them as often as possible given the constraints of the encounter.
Hand of Sacrifice, Divine Favor, Avenging Wrath, Guardian of Ancient Kings, Hand of Protection, Hand of Salvation and Holy Radiance (unless saving it for a boss mechanic like MagMaw's Lava Spew) should all pretty much be used on CD to increase throughput.
One of the biggest throughput changes I did was to put a CD tracker on Holy Shock right in front of where my eyes look at the screen (in between where my raid frames sit and my toon so I have to look across it like once every 2 seconds. I have been trying to train myself to hit that button every 6 seconds....either as a heal OR as an attack if there is no one to heal. I have also been trying to train myself to hit WoG the SECOND I register 3x Holy Power because I never know when I will get a random Holy Power generated from Blessed Life. I rail a little inside when I get an Eternal Glory proc because, often, I just cast WoG, cast Holy Shock and then my UI registers the EG proc and I am back at 3x Holy Power and know that I just "wasted" my Holy Shock HoPow generation.
And finally, MELEE. Figure out ways to get in melee range and let your auto-swing refill your mana bar. That way, you can be casting Divine Light more often and then getting into a "cast, cast, pause....cast, cast, pause" that allows you to throw out DL actually more often than chain casting HL, HL, HL, DL and refill your mana bar.
My cast spells are HS #1, DL #2, WoG #3, HR #4, LoH #5 and I don't think I cast FoL, LoD or HL almost ever unless the encounter calls for it (which.....I am not thinking of any off the top of my head).
Anyway, change your UI to force you to look at your CDs and train yourself to use them on CD and you will improve your throughput greatly.
Cheers,