Skip to content
Maintankadin

[Warrior]CALLING ALL MACROS!

bldavis
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:24 pm

[Warrior]CALLING ALL MACROS!

This thread is for posting macros you find useful, mostly for warriors but they can over lap some

im going to start by requesting a macro that lets me tie shield block in with shield slam so that i have shield block as much as possible, just getting the bonus from heavy repercussions

i have the basic idea of how it should go, im just not sure of the wording
econ21
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: [Warrior]CALLING ALL MACROS!

I've given up macroing shield block to shield slam - maybe I was imagining it, but it seemed to me that with the macro as my button instead of shield slam, the button did not show when shield slam had refreshed early due to the revenge/devastate proc and so I missed some opportunities. I have pretty much got into the routine of pressing shield block before shield slam, so delinking them is no big deal. And if shield block is not always on cooldown, it means I may have it ready for when I do want it as a mini-cooldown.

This is what I had when I did macro SB and SS:
Code: Select all
#showtooltip Shield Slam
/use 14
/cast Shield Block
/cast Shield Slam


However, I do macro shield block to inner rage (same CD) and to the dps on use feature of one of my trinkets (figurine of boars or eye of rajh; I usually forget to press the use feature).

Code: Select all
#showtooltip Shield Block
/use 14
/cast Inner Rage
/cast Shield Block


I only use two other macros:

First, one button charge/intercept/intervene:

Code: Select all
/castsequence [harm] reset=15 Charge, Intercept, Charge; [help] Intervene;


This occasionally gives me errors - probably the intervene part - but the charge/intercept parts seems to work ok.

And second, this was for when I was regularly upgrading my ranged weapon, using either throw or shoot as appropriate:

Code: Select all
/cast [equipped:thrown] Throw; Shoot
Shyrtandros
Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:41 am

Re: [Warrior]CALLING ALL MACROS!

Are you only looking for Prot Macros?

Luckily Prot is not very macro heavy. I use the charge macro and few for CD's (trinkets) and what not.

I use 6+ macros for fury or arms vs just 1-2 for prot.
bldavis
Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 am

Re: [Warrior]CALLING ALL MACROS!

moslty prot, as this is a tanking site, but any macros you use would be helpful
Brute
Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Re: [Warrior]CALLING ALL MACROS!

econ21 wrote:the button did not show when shield slam had refreshed early due to the revenge/devastate proc and so I missed some opportunities.

This might be because the proc spell is something else, or because the #showtooltip line doesn't show procs on abilities, not sure. I know Pyroblast and Hotstreak Pyroblast are actually two different spells... the insta-cast is "Pyroblast!" and I was having the same issue macroing Pyro as you're having w/ Shield Slam.