As far as reforging goes, I'm under the impression that stat weights aren't radically different than what is currently the case for SV: agi >> hit > crit > mastery with haste either better than or worse than mastery depending on who you talk to (probably mostly due to how sensitive the haste stat weight calculated by the Femaledwarf sim is to your current haste amount).
In SV, you would shoot for 757 haste rating to get 3 cobra shots per explosive shot cooldown. For MM, as far as I can tell you're wanting to get your steady shot cast time down to 1.5 sec assuming IIT / Windfury / Hunting Party and Improved Steady Shot are up, and the amount of haste rating required will depend on how many points you put into Pathing.
I've seen there's another soft cap you can shoot for: 1.0 sec steady shot with Rapid Fire up, but I doubt I want to make that kind of haste investment (1325-ish haste with 2/3 Pathing) at the expense of mastery and possibly even crit. TL;DR - looks like I'll have 300-400 haste to swap over to crit and mastery.
At first glance the rotation looks to have a similar theme to the current SV priority: put up Mark, maintain Serpent Sting, Chimera Shot on cooldown, instant Aimed Shots when procced, then fill with Steady and Arcane depending on your focus and Imp. SS situation. The big difference it seems is cooldown management, mostly in terms of Rapid Fire and Readiness. I've also read in the EJ MM thread that some people on the PTR are seeing good results using nothing but Steady and Aimed (both instant and hard cast) for the Careful Aim phase of fights. I've not had time to test this personally , but it should be easy enough to test out on a dummy.
I'm guessing the Careful Aim phase with just Steady and Aimed will be a good candidate time for using all your cooldowns (which should make for some awesome Misdirect threat
One thing I haven't been able to find much information about is the better trash aoe spec. Does anyone know if MM will be better than or at least close enough to SV aoe post patch dps so that I won't need to bother swapping specs?
