This is my DK, I have brought him out of storage, and I have been playing him a lot lately. I have him geared to be able to queue for heroics, and I'm working on making him my DPS spec. (I hate ret right now).
While Running Normals, I was free to run around and use Howling Blast as my FF granted ability on trash. I'm finding more and more in heroics, that I'm having problems with being able to use it, and not break CC.
Should I rely more on using Outbreak on trash?
Should I ask the tank to pull back some so I don't break CC?
Should I go back to using IT in those situations?
I've followed EJ pretty closely on stat weights, and priority, I haven't changed my spec yet though. I'm currently 5/31/5 with spell hit maxed, instead of lowering the CD on Tap. I need to change, it, and figure when I get back to Ebon Hold with a new Main Hand I will. One question I have always had is
Why put Razorize on MH and Fallen Crusader OH? I'm sure there is some logical reason that I'm missing, so an answer will make me /facepalm for sure.
I'm currently spiking close to 20k dps on boss fights with CD's blown and Ghoul out, but then leveling off somewhere between 11-13k DPS. I'm feeling pretty good about my single target DPS right now. I try not to compare trash dps, or full run dps with others because of how grossly overpowered HB is right now. I ran H:HoO with a full 346/359 DoaSW Ret Paladin yesterday, and for the whole run I did ~2mill more damage and 1k more dps, while being ~1k dps behind him on bosses, So I can see how off things are right now.
Any other tips that I can get would be appreciated. I know my reforging is a little weird, I haven't bothered to reforge some stuff yet.
Shoju
Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:43 am
