I want to start to PvP, but I havent PvP'd since one and a half year ago.
I'm undecided about what spec to choose, Holy or Retri.
What spec do you recommend me?
Thanks for the advice,
Ri~
Katie Lynn
Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:30 pm

Jeffersonian000 wrote:I do prot for PvP... The downsides are lower burst damage, long CD's on your ranged attacks, and a very lack-luster Hand of Protection for dealing with CC-spam. You have to have a good dps partner, as a healer just doesn't cut it (HHTD).
The upside is higher survivability, constant moving while attacking, and enough self/partner healing to get through most double-dps match ups.
thatguy wrote:I honestly don't fear a ret paladin as much as an arms warrior. While the burst can be quite frightening, they're fairly easy to kite which makes the issue of HoPo generation quite difficult for them. Obviously you can't just sit there and spam heals and hope to survive but if you can keep some resemblance of distance on them, you'll be in much better shape. (I know, easier said than done...)
Hokahey wrote:Admittedly, its mostly me trying to justify to myself making a friend do Arena with my Shaman on her Druid. She may decide she'd rather heal anyway, but I've no inclination to play Elemental or Resto on my Shaman.
Vort wrote:Hokahey wrote:Admittedly, its mostly me trying to justify to myself making a friend do Arena with my Shaman on her Druid. She may decide she'd rather heal anyway, but I've no inclination to play Elemental or Resto on my Shaman.
If you aren't resto in arena as a shaman, don't hope for high ratings. They're the strongest healer right now followed closely by druids/priests (comp dependent).
Resto Shaman, Affliction Lock, Balance Druid is one of the fotm faceroll teams right now. I've seen locks and druids that can't get 1400 normally get to 2k with that setup.
Hokahey wrote:You're talking to a person who was excited when he hit 4 digits in Arena rating last month. I'm not holding out much hope for a high rating. I'm only likely to do matches that earn points, and quit once I'm capped. Mostly, I don't want to set myself up to be completely roflstomped every time I walk in Arena due to a glaring oversight on my part regarding the comp. Plus, I like being a unique snowflake.
Finally, in regard to Hunters with Monkey pets, they really don't bug me. The only time I've ever seen them is in BGs, but they haven't done much. The vast majority of pet class players I've seen in PvP invest little or no effort in controlling their pet.