Indeed, but as it just takes away from MF, I haven't found it so jarring - may be a leftover from pre 5.0 where MF was seriously just "ohh its better than not casting".
After doing my priority today, yeah, I don't do what I wrote, it's
DP3>PW:D>MS**>MB>VT>SW:P>DS>MF
**Being procced instant MS, and only if I have less than 2 stacks or the stack is about to run out, so I lose my instant MB if I don't cast it.
Talentwise I'm running FDCL and DI - mainly because I don't raid, so any time spent under 20% health is an almost instant kill at that point, so I wouldn't gain anything from ToF - also I likek the increased rate of MB, again because I don't raid the added DP means more healing as well.
Also, Forsaken Spriest is silly on the self healing front.
On another note, I am dubious about the haste(softcap)>crit>haste>mastery scheme, I have observed (though not loggeD) mastery proccing from itself, meaning mastery = crit for damage (I haven't noticed anything we have that procs from crit), and the more mastery the more its worth compared to crit (at 50% mastery you have a 25% chance of a double proc, so 50% mastery = 75% more damage - napkin style - while 50% crit is only 50% more damage napkin style (both averaged over time).
As a forsaken it also appears that if a
Touch of the Grave proc occurs on the main tick, it will also happen on the mastery proc ticks (this is how I observed double procs).
I like haste, but with mastery being always on (rather than the pre 5.0 implementation) I am thinking haste(softcap)~> Mastery>Crit>Haste or even haste>crit at the end.
(granted I've done no simulations, and haven't checked, but my gutfeeling is that the sims don't allow double procs from mastery)