Cogglamp wrote:I don't have 2 piece T13 yet on my paladin so maybe that will solve my issues and this is a moot point.
Get 2pcT13 as soon as you can. Run LFR, sacrifice a kitten, whatever. Ret feels like a different class once you have it.
warden wrote:Yor'shaj has a "early and often" CD theory for rets because there are no big damage boost phases
I was dpsing a first kill of Heroic Yor this week with a new group. We were having trouble in yellow-black-red phase with heals and also getting the second set of adds down, so I found it helpful to hold GAnK for one of those phases and potion for another. I used AW+Zeal during an "easy" phase where I could CS freely and not have to move or anything.
Speaking of Yor, I see a lot of other Rets popping GAnK on the pull which seems wrong to me. Unless I'm mistaken there's not enough time to make full use of the buff before the first set of oozes spawn. Would you agree? I also see them popping wings on the pull, where they're obviously not lining it up with Zeal, so perhaps I shouldn't worry that I'm the one doing it wrong.
Ninja edit re Glyph of DP: You shouldn't even need to unglyph it if you're soaking heroic Morchok since the 15% aura. I was soaking as Holy with no shield (using Ledger) and easily survived the stomps where DP wasn't up. It's polite to your healers to use it, but hardly necessary.