Skip to content
Maintankadin

[10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

Sheherezade
Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:03 pm

[10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

Has anyone done him yet?
Servers will be up (hopefully) in an hour or so, and I'd like to try and grab WG and try him out then, hehe :)

"stay out of the fire" I guess, but does anyone have info on him?
Zaluthar
Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

Here's all I could find from work:

Source: http://tdlia.blogspot.com/2009/08/koral ... e-voa.html

Strategy:

When engaged, Koralon does roughly 7k AoE damage to ALL the raidmembers (Around 15k in 25man) and a good setup for a 10man is:
3 healers.
2 tanks.
5 dps.
What you SHOULD have is either a shaman or a paladin for either Fire Resistance Aura or Fire Resistance Totem since Koralon the FLAME WATCHER use, guess what, firespells.
Throughout the fight, Koralon tosses a fireball on 2 random targets and when it hits, it leaves a spot with some fire on, GET THE HELL OUT OF IT!.
Also, having two tanks makes it easier for the MT due to his "cleave" ability which damages every target infront of him.
kanst
Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

He wasnt on our server.

We went in there on 10 man and literally he just wasn't there. Did anyone else have that issue
Belloc
Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

Koralon is not currently implemented. Expect to see him either with the release of the next arena season, or when the final Coliseum boss is unlocked. My guess is with season 7.
Honorshammer
Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

kanst wrote:He wasnt on our server.

We went in there on 10 man and literally he just wasn't there. Did anyone else have that issue


Wintergrasp is officially a Horde annex on Altar of Storms. I wouldn't know.
Jasari
Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:47 pm

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

They can't really implement him before S7 starts since he drops S7 gear.
Pizbit
Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:37 am

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

Well he's here now and I've just done him on 10 and 25man.

I recommend heroism at the start while everyone is still alive.

25man
It was a pug, both tanks 45k+ HP, 6 healers.

Strat for both.
GET THE FECK OUT OF THE FIRE NOOBS!
2 Tanks(abilty is split between tanks I believe). Tanks will need to move out of fires under them as well, kiting isn't required, just need to move a small amount each time(and can go back and forth so the boss doesn't move). Single tanking isn't possible on 25man.
People have to move *FAST* out of the fire.
The AoE he does is channeled and he spins around, people should pop a health stone/pot, ice block, divine shield if they can to help the healers(depending on their HP, healers abilties etc), does about 14k(10m)18k(25m) damage I think.
Someone mentioned in the raid that it does less damage the farther away from the boss you are.
The fire he puts down under random people gives them a debuff. If they suck at noticing fire under them(can be hard with the reddish/yellowish floor, or melee with spell crap under/on the boss) tell them to look at their debuffs.
On 25man he did the spin around aoe 3-4 times, we lost about 2-3 people each time on 25man.
The raid must be topped off at all times for the spin AoE.
A fire resist aura is a must.

10man
2 healers, 1 tank 45k+ HP 1 tank 33k+ HP, 1 mebbe 2k SP healer, other ulduar geared disc.
My OT died on him at about 60% and I soloed tanked the rest though my HP was stupidly low at times(<15%) but AD didn't proc.
Highly recommended you don't try to single tank without 2 ulduar geared+ healers and a tank equally geared(recommened 45k+ HP and nerves of steal). Even more highly recommended to suck it and have an OT.

GET OUT OF THE FIRE ASAP! DON'T FINISH CASTING NO MATTER WHAT.
Renau
Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:05 am

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

Just did it 10 man a couple hours ago.

2 tanks, both of us around 35khp. Other tank was a Blood DK.
2 heals, Resto Druids.
6 dps, 1 Rogue, 1 DK, 2 Mages, 1 Lazer Turkey, 1 Hunter

The tanks should stack on one another to split the meteor damage. Began on one side of the room, moved along the outer edge whenever he drops flame onto a tank. Ranged dps/heals stood in the center. First pull was a wipe due to people not moving out of the fire, 2nd pull was flawless. He's got a stacking damage buff that starts on the pull, like 5% per stack I believe. Make sure your dps are worth the spot, especially if you ran only 2 healers like we did, because at 6-7 stacks he starts hitting damn hard.

Got the T9(?) Ret gloves off him. Yay me. :mrgreen:

And yeah, fire = bad. Don't stand in it. Move immediately.
Arcaneemu
Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

Did ten man last night with 2 tanks 3 healers
Kept ot with me in front to split the damage from meteor. 1 healer on me 1 on ot and 1 on raid kept us all well healed through it.
I did not kite him very much I only moved him to keep myself out of flames, but afterward the dps asked that I move him a little more the next time. I dont think you need to kite him like grobb but a bit of movement would have made things easier on the rest of the raid. All in all an easy kill.
Arjuna
Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

yess, me and a dk tank hugged infront of him, nuked him down on first try (10 man), pally tank leggings for me, yay! :D
Belloc
Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

Reminder: The Argent Coliseum forum is also the Koralon forum.
Pizbit
Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

Belloc wrote:Reminder: The Argent Coliseum forum is also the Koralon forum.


o_O Then you should move the Archavon tag from this forum as I read that and went from there.

Having 3 bosses in a raid in 2-3 different forums is stupid.
Belloc
Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:14 pm

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

Pizbit wrote:
Belloc wrote:Reminder: The Argent Coliseum forum is also the Koralon forum.


o_O Then you should move the Archavon tag from this forum as I read that and went from there.

Having 3 bosses in a raid in 2-3 different forums is stupid.
I agree, but that's how they set it up. Also, I'm in no position to move anything :P
Pizbit
Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:09 am

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

Belloc wrote:Having 3 bosses in a raid in 2-3 different forums is stupid.
I agree, but that's how they set it up. Also, I'm in no position to move anything :P[/quote]

Liar, it's been moved!
Belloc
Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:13 am

Re: [10/25]Koralon the Flame Watcher tactics?

What can I say? I've got the urge to herbal.