Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sarth 3D

marsbubble
Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:31 pm

Sarth 3D

Could have missed it, if so I'm sure you'll all point me in the right direction.


Does anyone tank sarth3d adds with a SP weap? I'm thinking consecrate accounts for a majority of your threat here so its probably worth having lower threat on four HotR targets and better threat on the 15+ adds running around. Input appreciated!

Ugh wrong forum.
moduspwnens
Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Sarth 3D

Np, I'll move it for you. I don't get to moderate much. :(
Avengeance
Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:33 am

Re: Sarth 3D

threat on aoe adds isnt generally the issue... i much prefer to have higher dps on some adds so I can actually solo kill them. Besides, the extra survival/stam you get from a tanking weapon is far more valuable.
Holyday
Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Sarth 3D

I agree, keep your primary dps weapon. I don't really trust consecration much on 3D, its more of a mobility, taunt, and hit job then lay a consecration and be done with it. I appreciate hammer for aoe aggro then consecration anyhow.
Jasari
Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Sarth 3D

Tanking adds on Sarth 3D is all about snap aggro. Once the whelps are on you're they're not going anywhere, it's picking them up, or grabbing the blazes that's the problem. HotR, AS, RD, HoReck are best for that so I see switching to a SP weapon as doing more harm than good.

I typically lay down the consecration right where the whelps spawn and then immediately HotR three of them while I RD my holy paladin who has RF up, this should pick up all the whelps most of the time. Then I save AS to grab any blazes that are at range while RD is on CD.