Skip to content
Maintankadin

[10] Sartharion with 3 drakes

amh
Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:22 am

[10] Sartharion with 3 drakes

Anyone done him on normal with drakes up? If so, how? After facerolling normal and heroic with zero adds, we thought we should give it a shot on normal with some drakes up.

I guess the question is: do you tank the drake-adds?

Here´s how we do it with 0 drakes:


MT is pretty stationary, just moves into safe-zone 2 when he has to.
Melee moves to safe-zone 1 when the wave comes from the west.
Ranged moves to safe-zone 2 when the wave comes from the east.
I´m off-tanking this fight, standing with the ranged for easier add-pickup (find your highest hps-healer, drop a consecration on top of him, free adds).

Is this even possible on normal?
You have to get some dps into the portals to smash eggs, correct?
Is there enough time to do both that and kill off the adds upstairs?
The drakes must be tanked (?), is it viable to tank all three drakes and fire-elementals in addition?

Pre-pull positioning:


How I imagine midfight positioning would be:


Anyone done this before? :)

(Yes, I know some of the pics have an extra ranged dps. Not intentional!)
_________________
Armory
Promdates
Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 am
They all come, and if you try to kill Sarth first, the drakes will Berserk (the new hard enrage! damn them for changing that)
_________________
Belloc
Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:13 am
I must say I'm a bit surprised. I thought the whole point was to kill Sartharion while the drakes were beating on you and summoning portals/void zones. Actually killing the drakes while in combat with Sartharion sounds much easier than killing Sartharion with 3 drakes doing their thing.
Chunes
Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:46 am
sounds to me like the gimmick in this fight (aside from avoiding the lava waves and the enhancements to Sarth himself) is just enduring him while you zerg the drakes down.

I have not tried the fight with even 1 drake up so i might be talking out of my ass though.
_________________
amh
Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:38 pm
Reading the tooltip a bit more closely, you might be allowed to kill them after engaging Sartharion.. Just sucks to blow a week's cooldown to find out.
_________________
Armory
Ossuary
Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:35 pm
You do indeed have to kill them during the fight however this isn't as simple as it seems as with the drakes up the entire raid gets debuffed.

In 25man at least, with three drakes up you will have: +100% fire dmg TAKEN, +100% shadow dmg TAKEN and -25% of YOUR max health.

Drakes come down on a timer so you must have the dps to kill a drake in a short time, having more than 2 drakes up will mean disaster.
_________________
amh
Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 pm
Ah sweet, thanks! They still do their portal->eggs thing when you engage them with Sartharion?
_________________
Armory
amh
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:51 am
Did the drake fly down right away when you engaged Sartharion? I can and will attempt this, but I like to get as much info as possible beforehand :)
_________________
Armory
Torakka
Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:01 am
We had that drake in middle (or back) left and he and Sartharion started a little RP chat pretty much right after the pull. Drake didn't come down to us instantly, so we had time to burn Sartharion down to around 85-90% during the time their little conversation and drake's flight took. No idea what happens with more than one drake.

EDIT: And this is from 25 man version. I haven't done 10 man yet, so I can only assume mechanics are same.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/eu/ravencrest/ezarioth
amh
Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:52 am
Much appreciated!
_________________
Armory