Skip to content
Maintankadin

You will need frost resist gear for Sapphiron

Sinnegorth
Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:46 pm

You will need frost resist gear for Sapphiron

My best friend is in Conquest on Kilrogg and they cleared Naxx back before BC then again last night. Just as before, Sapphiron requires a tank with high frost resist. Only difference now is that tank can be a pally and not just a warrior.

Start saving your mats.
Marklevin
Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:10 pm
I'd also like to point out that Blacksmithing has many (a full set? I'm not sure) pieces to a frost resist set to help you along
Promdates
Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:26 pm
Just for the record, I killed Sapphiron last night and we used no frost resist gear. The only thing that we had was the paladin Frost Resistance Aura. Granted, we brought 4 healers (since 3 of our healers were 2x priest and 1x paladin), we had to bring in a resto shaman since none of our druids are 80 and our only mage had to leave before sapphiron.

The gear that's on my armory is what I used to tank sapphiron on by the way.
_________________
kram
Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:29 pm
Didnt have much of a problem on naxx10 w/o FrR. Used one Holy Priest and two Holy Paladins. (1 paladin on tank, rest on raid)
Ossuary
Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:56 pm
Did it with just base resists from MotW (and got the achievement to boot!)
_________________
Lightbeard
Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:48 pm
Dk Aura+Paladin Aura and ur fine
_________________
Montresor-51/13/7 Blood DPS
Lightbeard-Prot Paladin

Certified Goat Lover
enbee
Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:48 am
killed him twice now with just fr aura.

I spam sacred shields though, since jol tps makes me able to just holy shield then do whatever the fuck I want
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!
Splug
Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 am
Death Knight frost aura does not stack with anything else, including mark of the wild.

However, it does give you a second source for some form of resistance aura, even if it is inferior. It's easier to cover more of the room with two than one. (Also, it seems to work for Spellfrost damage, and I don't think any classes get an arcane resistance buff...)

Sapphiron can be handled either by pulling in one more healer than you'd been using previously, or putting the raid in frost resistance gear. If you don't need either, you've used one too many healers for the rest of the dungeon. Wink

-Splug
_________________
(usually) prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Sinnegorth
Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:51 am
that's good news about not needing as much frost gear if that's accurate. I've personally never tanked him so I appreciate the info.
Splug
Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:57 am
If anything, the tank needs less frost resistance than anyone else. The frost damage is applied via a raidwide aura and slowly migrating blizzard. You'll get more out of reducing the physical damage taken to the tank, so it's not really worth tanking in FrR. Any other role does the healers a great service by putting a bit of resist gear on.

-Splug
_________________
(usually) prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug