[WALL OF TEXT INCOMING]
[10] version
Finally finished the four wings last night and went in to Sapphiron. I came with the 3 pieces of crafted plate Frost resist, gemmed it to hit 540 defense and (in that gear) have more stam and armor than my regular tanking gear but less avoidance.
Our heals were 2 shamans and a paladin.
With an aura/totem (we had both and used both, i know they don't stack, it was to insure everyone was in range) I had 415 resist and was resisting between 400 and 700 of the frost aura ticks. Sapph was hitting me like a truck, yes, but the healers seemed to be able to heal me through it. The problem seemed to be that the rest of the raid (dps/heals) were taking 1k dmg/sec from the aura and the heals couldn't keep up with that.
First attempt was the best attempt, by the time we wiped he was at 86%. We died after the first air phase. The other raid leader and I figured people needed to avoid blizzards better and manage the air phase better.
Every attempt that followed healers stated they couldn't keep up with the aura and dps reported dieing from the aura. We even did a few attempts where dps did nothing but avoid dmg and practice the air phase. We always died as, or soon after, the end of the first air phase.
I give the background because I'm not seeing how groups are going in with only an aura/totem and having no problems with the Frost aura from Sapph. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if they had thier heals/dps put on some resist gear and how much. The other raid leader and I are thinking we need to get everyone some resist gear, but we're not sure how much and with everything we read on the internet saying you don't need any, or only need a totem/aura, we wonder if there's something we're missing.
Thanks in advance for your help/advice. We're hoping to get this figured out so when the rest of the guild hits 80 we're more prepared to progress the Heroic version.
(Side Note) With 3 healers, we've had no serious gear/skill problems with the other bosses, it was mostly the learning curve on the fights since most of us had never done Naxx before.
_________________
