Skip to content
Maintankadin

GC's announcement as to our nerfs

Erendis
Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:33 am
The judgement of Wisdom nerf is also a nerf to Hunters. Combined with the already planned nerf to hunters. I see Hunter DPS taking a huge fall as we spend even more time in Viper.

So, 20% less seal and judge damage. Will that include the damage from the SoV DOT?
_________________

Jasari
Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:36 am
No surprises. I'd expect a few prot pally threat buffs in the near future, since he specifically said they might be needed.
Macha
Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:39 am
Yes, it is across the board.

Belarkan
Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:50 am
Isn't that what they already give as an excuses to the nerf pre BC for retribution ?

I'm really feeling betrayed both as a protection paladin and former retribution.
Worldie
Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:52 am
I don't feel betrayed, retri was a bit excessive atm. They nerfed something, BUT they boosted their substained DPS in other ways.

What i'm worried about is that everytime they nerf retri, who gets fucked is protection.

I mean, would it be THAT hard to make SoV/JoV have retardedly low coefficients with a 2hander?
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
radioactivejack
Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:05 am
Well... I will say I am unhappy with these changes. Then again, I'm sure we all are. They are starting to take away every reason I had for playing a pally to begin with. I wanted to be able to tank, I didn't want to be like every other tank, and it was cool that pallys could AoE tank better than anyone else. We don't have any of that anymore; at the least warriors are slightly worse, at the most we're only slightly better. I can't really do anything that other tanks can't do anymore. If they keep this up I will barely be able to tank at all. I dont want to re-roll an entirely new character from level 1, so it is starting to look like DK tank for me.

At least DK can be ANY race. (I wonder what a Troll DK will look like Confused )

Yes, I realize I'm QQing, and I hate myself for it. I will proceed to STFU, spec Ret and farm for my new main.

Edited to fill in incoherent thoughts.
_________________
I am Jack's unending hatred of QQ.

STFU and play the game.
Jasari
Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:26 am
I wouldn't be surprised to see Judgements of the Just buffed to also give some increased damage from judgements, or something along those lines.

I know a lot of people are nervous right now, but i'm pretty confident that when all's said and done prot pallies will be competitive MTs.

In BC, a lot of classes weren't competitive or even viable, but blizzard has admitted that they purposefully kept the dps of utility classes down and never inteded to have paladins MT as well as warriors. Now they've said they want every class/spec to have a place in a raid and they want paladins to MT "within a couple %" of warriors. No, they're not going to get everything perfect and make everyone happy, but I'd be surprised if we don't end up being very close to warrior tanks in the end.
stevebeiser
Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:31 am
My confusion lies in that our threat was already behind at 80, meaning to balance it we'd be expecting buffs, if nothing else. And then these very significant nerfs come into play. Even when they say they "might" compensate for *these* nerfs - does that mean our previous position of last-place-tps was already acceptable at that point?