Skip to content
Maintankadin

Anyone else feel a little disappointed at blizzard?

anarchyintheus
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:54 am

Anyone else feel a little disappointed at blizzard?

I'm not trying to rant about how I hate warriors or that the class isn't getting any love. Though the second part I might do a bit. I really can't help but think that though. There's not a single aspect that Prot Paladins have an advantage at. We have no single target taunt, no fear break, no decent interrupt, less mitigation, less health, and weaker situational abilities. I know everyone is looking forward to the new 11 point ability, but unless its something that is spectacular, or extremely unique; I'm kind of disappointed at what they did with the class. Even in TBC, we had a dominant area, or niche where we dominated; AoE Tanking.

Blizzards response to not fixing the class the majority of the time is that they don't want to cause class homogenization. If that is what they were trying to do, they've kind of failed completely. Warriors are like the updated version of Paladins. They have everything Paladins have and more. And you can flame at me all you want about how Paladins are fine and whatever, but it doesn't change the fact that Paladins are behind. They started beta by saying that they were going to make all tanking class valid MTs. They have done that. We can tank stuff. Anyone that thinks that Paladins are just as viable as Warriors, or thinks the difference doesn't matter hasn't thought it through.
Ulushnar
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:55 am
No, I don't. We're fine, or at least soon will be.

Please see the stickies all over the place about posting unconstructive posts.
_________________
Who is this God everyone fears?
anarchyintheus
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:58 am
I don't think they are intentionally doing it.
anarchyintheus
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:59 am
I really don't know how you can think we are fine when we are behind in basically everything.
Levantine
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:59 am
I like how he makes broad statements about how Warriors are better in every way, and yet posts nothing even remotely close to proof to back up said claims of inferiority.
_________________
Rinforza
私の名前を呼んで
砕けるくらい抱いて
Zironic
Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:05 am
Health:
Well, we start at lower health because we have a mana pool, that's hard for them to fix so they have given us a bit better scaling that makes us break even in decent gear
Mitigation:
Last I've heard about this is that we're even
Threat:
Afaik we generate more threat then warriors currently
Taunt:
I'm hoping we'll turn blizzard around on this
Fear break:
They've said that they're not going to use special abilities like that on the tank anymore, same goes for silence, disarm etc.
Interrupts:
If they add another fight like the kael'thas 5 man in Wotlk I'm going to cry
Situational abilities:
Well, we did get shield wall and lower cd on LoH.