Skip to content
Maintankadin

redoubt

Zironic
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:25 am

redoubt

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20135

Can someone explain to me what blizzard was thinking when they designed the random chance to proc higher chance of block and then decided to keep it in wotlk?

I wish they would just have made it 1-2-3% chance to block which would actually be useful in reaching unhittable.
Worldie
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:28 am
It is a great talent when you are not uncrushable yet. And it was godly for AoEtanking until now.

With his current 30% baked in block bonus, it's a 100% must have talent.
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Bobness
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:29 am
That increased Block Value would be better then increased Block chance on bosses where Holy Shield Charges won't be used up.

in short....

Nerf to AOE Tanking (lots of Mobs)

Potential Buff for Boss Tanking.
_________________
Equitas
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:59 am
does it stack with BV gained from str?
_________________
Lies! You just don't want us to see your super secret strat involving Voodoo Gnomes!

Worldie
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:39 am
If it didn't it would have 0 use since raw BV on gear is close to non-existant (it exists, but on few selected pieces like tier items)
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Worldie
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:43 am
Actually it was buffed, previous Shield Spec did not include BV gained from STR.
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Worldie
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:45 am
It's pretty much the same as people complaining about JotJ sucking, occasionally i feel shocked while reading those boards.
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Bobness
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:53 am
I must apologise....

For some strange reason i thought it had changed to be a 10% chance to increase BV by30%

Was having a blond moment sry.
_________________
Zironic
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:56 am
That would have actually been an interesting change if they had done that : P
Sarkan-ZdC
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:57 am
And not to forgett, the old Redoubt + shield spec was 5 + 3 talent points. Now we have to pay just 3.

That is a HUGE advantage.

So it is a buffed shield spec (3 points vs. 3 points) WITH the added benefit of a (nerfed) redoubt.

I say full of win.