Skip to content
Maintankadin

mortehl's post on beta forums

steadypal
Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:47 pm

mortehl's post on beta forums

the one regarding 3% dr to shield of the templar, i see GC replied to 3 posts on the forums, but didnt reply to his, u think she just flat out lied to get us to stop whining for a little bit?
Splug
Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:55 pm
Changes usually take several builds from being announced until going live. If every post asking for confirmation of a change got replied, it would litterally be a full-time job. Stop panicking. If something changes, they will come out and say it.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
roosevelt
Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:13 pm
I would be willing to wager that we will see some sort of balance/retuning patch before most of us are on 10 man content. Similar to the patch after tBC that nerfed feral tanks.

I doubt this is an out right lie that GC pulled out of nowhere. That is the sort of thing that gets people fired. If we don't end up getting the 3% it is likely that it was at least an option at one time, if not in an internal test build but removed.

From everything we've seen I think bliz has the right design philosophy. I'm sure they will has some misses and blunders, but at least they want us to be able to contend for the MT spot and be a viable tank for all content. If we are underpowered it will be corrected, and if we are over powered it will be corrected too.
_________________
vyaine
Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:13 pm
while i would def like to see it released with the patch tomorrow, im not overly worried yet, as there still is another month of beta to go before wrath is officially released.
Taras
Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:01 am
The operative question is which build number contains the change, and which represents the 3.0.2 patch. It could be anytime between today and LK release depending on how they laid it out.
Ashmadai
Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:31 am
GC was trying to appease the complaining masses and said "Here's a change you guys don't have yet. 3% DR on Shield of the Templar."

As in, it's in one of their internal builds. Jesus, it'll be there when it's there. It may not be in there today, but who the hell needs it today when everything just got mega nerfed anyway?

I'm sure it'll get pushed by the time the actual expansion goes live.
_________________
Mortehl
Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:34 am
I don't take it personally btw. I ask questions I feel are relevant all the time. Either it will be answered or it won't. Knowing blizzard the change is in but 3% is such a small number nobody has done a 1000 swing test with and without the talent yet.

Either way, don't panic. I'm not.
_________________
Ashmadai
Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:46 am
Lol, context my friend. GC was saying they are doing their mitigation testing with a different build than we had. The implication is that we will be seeing that soon. I don't think anybody is going to be giving me a toilet made of solid gold soon, and beyond that, I'm not sure I even want one. =P
_________________
Io.Draco
Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:48 am
I want 1

So I can sell it lolz
_________________
Splug
Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:29 am
Would make for quite a throne.

Anyway, I did test shield of the templar in the most recent beta build using serpent sting. It ticked for 500-something, and the damage did not change after putting points into the talent. No idea if the version going live today is the same as the most recent beta build or not, though.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug