Skip to content
Maintankadin

Single Target Taunt Glyph - Blizzard Response

Tahl
Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:47 am
I know I can't afford to use two slots for taunt glyphs (the hit one and this). I think this one is just being thrown out there as a possibility anyway.
Zalaria
Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:44 am
When I heard him say that, I assumed that he had confused it with the avenger's shield glyph, which does take a 3-target and makes it a 1-target. Whether that's actually the case or if there's a glyph they have that we don't, I can't say.
_________________
Imagine you're at a parent-teacher conference, and the teacher reassures you that he always wears a condom while teaching.
Strictly speaking, it's better than the alternative... yet someone is clearly doing their job horribly wrong.
Tahl
Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:34 pm
Thanks, nice post. Making RD two ranks (single and multi) makes a lot of sense.. perhaps too much sense for them to do it. Wink I really don't want to waste another glyph slot or have this be our 11pt talent though -- we really need this basic tanking ability baseline. Save those slots for something new instead of just playing catch up with everyone else imo.
Xwind
Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:34 pm
Imo we should get a Mocking Blow type move. Holy Strike, awesome name?

thoughts.
_________________
CC? ...ConserCrate?
steadypal
Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:12 pm
kinda like

turn undead

vs

turn evil

???
Fafa
Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:46 pm
Wishful thinking.

I'm holding my breath for that other rank of ShoR that they said we would be getting. I don't think I'm going to make it...
Belarkan
Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:00 pm
What I don't get is that Blizard reason for not giving paladins something doesn't prevent them to overcome this statement with the other classes.

In BC, they claimed they couldn't afford doing protection paladin weapons (ie spell damage + tanking stat) because it was to specific. Didn't prevent them to design a couple of feral power weapons.
They didn't gave resilience + spell damage + strength + agi to pvp retribution sets but ferals got the 4 stats (healing instead of spell damage but still 4 different stats).

Now, they say if we get a single target taunt we'll be too much like the other tanks while we're still the only one that only have one taunt ?
At the same time, they gave warriors heroic throw while warriors already have range pull.

It really really doesn't make sense at all if they really want some partity amoung the tanks.
moduspwnens
Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:51 am
Bumping due to blue post.