Skip to content
Maintankadin

A little bit confoozed...

Khisvir
Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:41 am

A little bit confoozed...

I confess I haven't been following the new stuff as much as I should, I've been trying to gear up my paladin to a spot where I'm happy.

But I've been reading a bit more the last few days. And I see that Paladins are going to be getting hurt more than Druids and Warriors.

Isn't this a GOOD thing?

Have they changed the mechanic for Spiritual Attunement, or gotten rid of it or something? Right now, the more we get hit, the more we get healed, and therefore get more mana back. Is that changing for Lich King?
_________________

Arianne
Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:44 am
A) We already do enough threat
B) Blessing of Sanctuary gives mana back on dodge, parry.
C) Most fights in Sunwell you have full mana all the time because things hit so hard. Things are not likely to be hitting for less in the future. Therefore the damage income already outstrips our mana output in most cases.
D) NO, we do NOT want to take more damage than other tanks. If we do, then we won't be MT'ing progression content.
_________________
~Lightbringer~
Arianne - 70 Paladin - Protection
Sayvil - 70 Priest - Holy
Nuzuke
Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:40 pm
With the addition of Divine Plea, raid wide mana returns, etc, mana in OTing situations will be far less troublesome.

I haven't had a chance to test Holy in any regard, but mana for protection paladins and ret paladins will be a secondary, or possibly a tertiary concern now.

We are in a fine place for threat, but most of the avid Tankadin community is concerned about our viability in tanking progression content. All data thus far is showing the Warrior having more active control over burst damage protection on the hard-hitters. Until Beta is finished, and I have WoTLK installing, I still have hope that they are going to address most of disparities in progression tanking between the classes.
_________________
Moses
Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:54 pm
I don't really think this thread is going anywhere. As is I think the consensus is that we don't want to take more damage. The only way I think they could let us take more damage and keep us viable is to smooth are damage by making us block a lot more than warriors do making us the least spiky damage takers (which is some ways is already true).
_________________