Skip to content
Maintankadin

HotR + CC = ?

Geostigma
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:49 am

HotR + CC = ?

HotR.
I have yet seen no info on if it hit nearby CC'd targets.
And I've heard AS jump super random at the moment.

Help needed.

Edit: Fail factor fixed.
Geostigma
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:59 am
As I never got my beta key (Still waiting!), I'm limited to testing on the PTR. And I can't even get a mage to sheep a nearby mob there. So are there any beta testers that can confirm anything?
Worldie
Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:04 am
HotR doesn't hit CCd mobs.

HOWEVER

Don't use SoV/Corr with HotR before sheeps Smile
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Majiben
Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:25 pm
Sad that gylph gives mages a way to really screw over affliction locks. The mages I run with seem to spam sheep 5 times past the point where the tank picks up the mob.
_________________
Majiben
Makaijin
Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:57 pm
Didn't they put a diminishing returns on polymorph now? or was that for PvP only?
_________________
Makaijin
Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:31 pm
Few things that I've observed through use for a few days on the PTR.

1. Melee range (duh!), only applies to the primary target.
2. The "Jump" behaves similarly to Avengers's Shield, in that it jumps to the 2 targets closest to the primary target.
3. The jump range is quite large, I've seen it jump to a mob that was on the edge of my consecrate, so I assume 8 yards.
4. It does not jump to targets that are behind you, so if there are 3 mobs, 2 in front and 1 behind, only your primary target and the one in front will take damage. By in front I mean in a 180 degree frontal arch.

Previously it was affected by silence, but the latest patch changed this to be usable while silenced.
_________________