Skip to content
Maintankadin

Avenger's Shield Wonkyness

sapientialb
Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:43 am

Avenger's Shield Wonkyness

Anyone having issues with AS doing truly odd things?

For example, I was in HMGT on the PTR yesterday and started to do the first pull of Wretched in the room with the first boss. I generally start with the two guys in the center on live just to give myself some room (ok so I'm a wuss) Well, I targeted one of the pair and hit AS, the graphic effect of the shield jumped all the way to the left group and then the whole room came.

Same issue in SH, I've been soloing some of it and I'll clear the left side of the 4 mobs there while the pathing Legionare (sp?) is on the far side. After I kill them, i wait for him to path back to the left but it doesnt seem to matter how far to the left he is, the shield still bounces to the right to hit the other side.

Anyone else notice the bounce range being weird?
_________________


"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
Majiben
Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:29 am
Forcing the new gylph on us just so we have a pulling tool that doesn't carry the risk of overpulling and wiping Sad.
_________________
Majiben
taerethel
Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:59 am
I've had a few bad pulls because of the shield overbouncing.

Does anybody else wish that there was no daze effect? It just slows things down, especially when you are trying to LOS casters.
_________________
Taerethel 70 Prot Pally on Shadowmoon
Kelaan
Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:52 am
Body pull, and Shield toss once they're out of LOS of the other groups? (I know, that's a shitty workaround.)
Sunstrider
Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:05 am
It just might not be that great for pulling in 5mans or dungeons, perhaps. But really complaining about it being our 41 point talent and needing to workaround for pulls cause of daze isn't as dire as you all make it out to be. They made it instant cast and its gonna be one awesome threat tool for raid bosses, I'm more excited about Avenger's Shield then I've ever been.

You guys are also forgetting about PVP, with our increase to DPS i'll go into battlegrounds as prot and do more then just run flags, and that 10 second daze will be very welcome in battlegrounds as I run up and Shield of the Righteous my target in the back. If for all that the only tradeoff is maybe my pulls in 5 man/heroics are a tad awkward I'll take it. I mean really its not that much of a handicap, if for some reason you need to use sheep it makes it easier on your mages, and even if not, in those 10 seconds aoe finish off the mobs and then just *gasp* single target the straggler dead.
_________________
DeadMilliken
Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am
As a proponent of Chain pulling, I suppose the extra bounciness.

As with boobs, I'm liking my shield being bouncy.
(*comeon, someone had too...it was too easy)
dmok
Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:18 am
I dont see the problem with the extra bouncing. Just single-target pull the group now, and with AS an instant-cast, throw it after they get out of "bounce" range. you still get all that snap-aggro, it's just a few seconds later than normal.
_________________

11/11 KZ | 4/6 ZA | 2/2 GL | 1/1 MAG | 3/4 TK | 2/6 SSC | 2/4 MH
Rofladin
Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:49 pm
I did exactly the same thing in HMgT as well -- pulled the center two and got Selin Fireheart along with them. We fought him in the hall... lol. Good thing he's easymode.