Skip to content
Maintankadin

Filling In the Gaps

Ocin
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:24 am

Filling In the Gaps

We're shaping up to be almost equal MTs from what I can see. There's still 3 areas that can use some consideration based on our current build:

Lower avoidance
Raid mob/boss spell interrupt
Lower health

I'm basing this on what we'll need at end-game content and placed them in order of importance, but everyone will have a different opinion.

Everything else we have now is drool-worthy overall for the most part (Blessing of Sanc. needs to be a half-hour, but that's a nitpick).
_________________
Ocin

http://wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&n=Ocin
Ankiseth
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:34 am
They could just do what they did for all raid instances pre-SW.
Trivialize content so that the difference between a warrior, pally, and druid didn't matter. (exceptions were stupid gimmick fights)
_________________
"Why was there bacon in the soap?" -Zim
"I'm not saying stupidity should require capital punishment but can't we take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -Bash.org
Andox
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:34 am
One of the easiest fixes ever, would be to increase our base HP. Maybe not just increase it, they might deem it to powerful since we can heal. So roll it into some talent down in Protection tree. Maybe 1h specc, or no, that doesn't make sense. Ardent Defender would be good for this.
PsiVen
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:37 am
Where does everyone keep pulling this thing about lower avoidance from? We're wearing the same gear with the same talents as warriors as far as I can tell. Our tier gear is itemized differently but it no longer has wasted stats so it shouldn't be the basis for comparing particular values.

I agree with the health issue, they're giving DKs even MORE health now which just leaves us in the dust again ala pre-2.3.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Rival Psivenia, 70 Warriorlol
Psivenne, 60 Bare

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Lore
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:42 am
We (and Druids I believe) are going to need some way to better mitigate spell damage to be put on equal footing with DK's and Warriors. Spell Reflection is amazing, I get jealous every time Ciderhelm uses it in beta.
_________________
Those who died are justified.
Ankiseth
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:50 am
WTB spell interrupt then :<
_________________
"Why was there bacon in the soap?" -Zim
"I'm not saying stupidity should require capital punishment but can't we take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -Bash.org
Ubung
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:52 am
I can agree with the OP tbh. If we had the following issues changed then I would deem us very healthy:

4% more mitigation to account for the difference between Righteous Fury and Defensive Stance.

More HP to take into account the base HP difference between Warriors and Pallies. (Specially since they nerfed our stamina by 4%, however dont put it back to this cus it scales too well)

Some sort of spell reflect / silence to deal with spell damage. Specially since all the other tank classes got at least a silence.

Would also prefer our itemisation to lean more towards MTing but since a lot of off set peices are available this would just be gravy.
_________________

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Splug
Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:04 pm
Improved spell reflect was overpowered as hell in the previous build. It's already been nerfed once and I suspect we'll see the talent revoked, or the base skill nerfed with the talent changed to undo the nerf. Going to jump out and actually say to nerf the warrior on this front. Groupwide spell reflect might work on a longer cooldown (such as anti-magic zone), but it's really just silly as-is.

Poor set itemization causing low avoidance means the itemization needs to be fixed, not talents. Otherwise what's fair with T7 breaks completely with off-set gear, before T7, or after T7.

Deathknights were in the hole on effective health - no blocks, no % damage intake reduction, and the only stamina increasing talent is in the blood tree, and deep enough to not be accessable to frost/unholy. Frost presence generating a base health or base stamina increase was needed. Frost presence generating 10% base health, however, feels a bit overkill. I don't expect it to last to live as-is, but for now I'll take my free 2k health and keep on trucking.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug