Skip to content
Maintankadin

Slightly disapointed with HoR

Orms
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:17 am

Slightly disapointed with HoR

Now, I know not everyone is going to agree with me, and I will admit my testing is minimal, but from what I've seen with HoR (on the test realm) is that it's not as great as I thought it would be.

I feel like I'm key mashing trying to get everything in my rotation, and at 75 getting ShoR it will be much worse. I think the real problem is the global cooldowns, maybe if judgement was off GCD again that would make things a lot better. Anyone else slightly disapointed with HoR or is it just me?

AGAIN, It's a great skill, I'm not saying it's not.
Huon
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:20 am
Well, I havent had a chance to tank for test, I just smacked mobs around.

Seems to hit for around 575 per hit and 1150 crit, on 3 targets, every 6 seconds. I hope its enough to compensate for lack of salv on DPSers.

I love the new way things are going, making tanking more than keeping consecrate up and judgement... zzzz!
_________________
Andox
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:26 am
Well, once you get used to a rotation, it will feel natural to do it. I'm on the PTR for the sole reason to learn a new rotation, and it worked very well. Just find a mob (I took a Fel Reaver) and try out the rotation. I took one of the big Reavers in the north-east, the ones near Throne of Kil'Jaedan (sp?). Got it to around 50%, and there I felt that I had my rotation, got bored and kited it to Shattrath. Lots of whispers there.
Maelstream
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:49 am
If I remember recount correctly ... HoR was sitting around 15% of total dps, right around SOV, Conc and Judgement and my melee attck. The catch was the HoR was applying SOV to my other targets, and so was adding extra SoV ticks, so that was cool.

Does anyone know if this thing can proc on hit effects?

Or if it works with reckoning?
_________________
~M
HollerTH
Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 pm
Well I look it this way. Hotr is a 6 sec cooldown judgement that hits up to three targets and procs seals.

It takes some practice but to me having something to do at all times over spending half my time doing nothing is just awesome.
Snake-Aes
Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:28 pm
my unbreakable will + 2k ap(kings/might/strength of earth + tank gear) did about 580 per hit.


Corvina, SoCorr is already better than SoR on ptr/beta from sheer scalability. It scales better than SoR with AP, which will be very abundant, making it a better tps seal.

And yeah HotR procs seals. Seal of wisdom + HotR on 3 targets = spending 200 mana to gain 600
_________________
[¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯]
¯¯][WALL][¯OF¯][TEXT][¯¯
[¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯]
Spankadin in development and No. 1 Fanboy of a person whose name is a mistery!
Thesupreme
Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:32 pm
Recently I made the transition from playing my paladin to playing my warrior(this was before any of the changes). And I must say, it's alot more interactive to tank as a warrior, to be able to perform you need to think ahead. Plan your "rotation", weave in heroic strikes among your other abilites.

In an infinite rage scenarion with wind fury totem then you will press multiple buttons per second. And as we all know pressing buttons is fun.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it's great that paladins finally get more buttons to push.

Cause it's fun.
_________________
Superman tanks all!

Thesupreme - 70 - Al'Akir - I aint no superman
Jasari
Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:18 pm
Rather than having a "rotation" we really have a spell priority now (kind of like shadow priests).

For single target (boss fights) I'd say the priority is probably:

HS > ShoR > Judgement > HoR > Conc
And Obviously, resealing every 2 min.

For AOE you probably want to move Conc up before ShoR in the priority, but then still throw a ShoR on the first target just to make sure you'll hold aggro on it.

Another thing I've though about is moving HS down a ways since crushing blows have been removed. But the mitigation from blocking has gone up dramatically, plus we'll get mana back when we block so keep it at close to 100% up time is still ideal

[Edit]
Oh, I also forgot about AS and HoW being instant casts now. When HoW becomes active you're obviously going to want to keep it on CD as much as possible, and same with AS.