Skip to content
Maintankadin

We need an overkill to get our position.

ertss
Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:23 pm

We need an overkill to get our position.

Blizzard said they wanna all 4 tanks be of roughly same number.In the current situation I don't see it happening in the near future.In TBC,nearly 95% of MTs are warriors.That's fair,and as a tankadin who have tanked Illidan and Kalecgos,I thoroughly knew our flaws in terms of survivability.
Without thunder clap and demoralization,tanking Brutallus and Felmyst seems an impossible mission to me.
The truist thing now is that Paladin gave everyone the impression of the most fragile tank and the AOE tank.This can't be changed by simply making our survivability near to the average.
A friend of mine once had access to early beta.He had witnessed the first edition of Prot Paladin talents which was utterly amazing and could boost our survivability as Maintank by a large margin.But the talents got reedited shortly after and now we see the current prot tree highly emphasizing threat generation.
They do need an overkill on buffing paladin to impress everyone on both survivability and threat,even though that meant we would got nerf in middle WoLK.OK,cause at that time we've got our position.
Karock
Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:34 pm
How would giving us "our position" over the other tanking classes be better than giving warriors that position?

The point of WotLK is that guilds can take who they want, who their friends are, not so that they can all have Paladin MTs.
Arjuna
Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:38 pm
good tanks > bad tanks

that is what blizzard is planning...

Don't you think it's better to get our positions by being good tanks and then get buffs throughout the expansion?
I started my paladin tank because people were saying that it couldn't be done...and now i have MTed all the way up to MH/BT...I'll just say: "up yours" to them and continue MTing, because i know I can take it...
I hope a little of that spirit gets through to the expansion...the excitement, the rarity (although nowdays everybody seems to have a paladintank alt Razz ), the hidden unexpected power...

My experience of tbc is that skill > class , even here, before wotlk...

I only take good tanks to my raids, I care less if they are warriors, paladins or druids...just aslong as I got the manpower and classes to get through the raid, then I'm pleased...
moduspwnens
Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:10 pm
This isn't the first time there's been a glaring imbalance in the game. For example, when they gave Horde Fear Ward, they nerfed it for everyone. Now that Alliance Ret Paladins have SoB, they're "equal." They didn't give the Horde imba priest racials for another couple of years and Alliance Ret Paladins a superior DPS seal for WotLK.

This is reflected in many other ways. That said, yeah, having a few months of hands-down Paladin tank rule would break the tradition. I think most guilds really go with whoever's best, though, and the ones that take warriors because they're warriors aren't doing well, anyway.
_________________
PLEASE HELP ME TEST THIS: PHP WoW Tanking Simulator
Kelaan
Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:08 pm
s/lurker/nightbane/

Wink
fuzzygeek
Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:31 am
affirmative action is for idiots.
_________________