Skip to content
Maintankadin

weapon enchant?

Joacimcans
Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:06 am

weapon enchant?

For WotlK would it be better to put 20 Str on a weapon or is 40spell power still better for threat gen even on a melee type of weapon?
_________________
Valentear
Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:08 am
STR. It's sticked. Go away =p
_________________
Jirroll
Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:39 am
Which sticky? I'd like to read that myself.
Huon
Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:46 pm
I'd like to revive this thread.

Seeing that, according to many, our threat is currently ridiculously high, should we not consider an avoidance enchant over a threat enchant?

I know enchanting str would give us threat and some BV, but should we not looking into a "mongoose" enchant to help avoidance?

It never struck me until today since I've never even considered using avoidance enchants due to the loss of threat.

But with all the changes...
_________________
Elsie
Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:52 pm
Depends on if a mongoose-like ability comes out in the expansion, and what our gear is. If we get lots of avoidance, a mitigation enchant would be preferable to round things out and avoid diminishing returns.
Mithos
Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:06 pm
Hmm well everything in terms of DPS and TPS is still way overtuned, the massive numbers pass should be coming soon I think, they already nerfed Seals and Judgements.

20 Str > 40 SD for threat for sure, but the "tanky" type enchant is a good idea. It depends completely on what they add though. I don't think they would want some kind of mitigation proc or something though, they are moving away from stacking things like that (lower avoidance levels wanted etc) and would probably want us to use threat chants. Maybe a cool enchant would be "Chance on hit, increases your BV by X (or X%)"? Seeing as DPSers get really nice proc based enchants like Mongoose and Executioner (ok, so melee DPSer's and warr tanks do) and tanks get left with something subpar compared to the best enchants available (20 Str, 40 SD (casters can get 50/54 or whatever it is)), I don't think this would be so bad. DK's and druids would probably want something like executioner and warr/pala would love the BV thing.
_________________

Lumenos
Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:15 pm
I currently have one weapon with spell dmg enchant on it, and another with mongoose that i will switch out depending on the situation/spec.

I find that if you're MT as 0/40/21 then you probably don't need the spell dmg for extra threat so i go with my "goosed" weapon.

On the other hand, if i'm doing some aoe tanking or am specced 0/51/10 or 0/49/12, then i will typically go with my spell dmg weapon.

All this will change of course, but i'm sure that i will stick to my multiple weapon strategy and use whatever is situationally best.
Gildas
Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:17 pm
This subject intrigues me a lot considering we really only had one option up until now. I hate to see an enchant as bland as potency become the only real option. I do realize that there will be new enchants in the expansion and I hope to see something along the lines of a Crusader enchant or perhaps Crusader un-nerfed with new reagents.