Skip to content
Maintankadin

TPS table (updated with spreadsheet)

Vesstair
Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:13 pm

TPS table (updated with spreadsheet)

So I wanted to figure out actual numbers for threat contribution for certain stats and put them in a table, and figured someone else might be interested, so here it is. To the best of my knowledge, it is current to the most recent WOTLK beta build (8/17/2008).

Thanks to Nich and Caelestus for help on making it not burn eyes

Nich
Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: TPS table

I'd try and do it for you but it'd take me too long.

Use [ code ] tags for exact layout ability.

(Also:

Nich
Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:18 am
Iteration++
Sharlos
Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:29 am
My eyes!


*runs away*
Widdox
Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:54 am
Awesome thanks for working on this.

Widdox
Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:28 pm
When you get the new numbers posted let me know and I'll fix mine.
_________________
Girard-eredar
Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:39 pm
awesome, wth am i looking at?
_________________
Grothnir
Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:03 pm
Any chance we could work up the same table for Seal of the Martyr/Blood?

I want to see what the breakdown would look like for OT situations where you want the self-inflicted damage, or if it will end up being preferable to keep using SoV and find some other method to get mana (Spirit Link, BoSac, sPriest, etc).

EDIT:
Also, this is assuming Blessing of Kings and Touched by the Light, but NOT Divine Strength, yes? At least, that's what I'm guessing from my reverse engineering.
Vesstair
Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:47 pm
The table in the thread has a number of errors (I forgot stuff.... like adding in the RF modification for some of them). That table includes Kings, Divine Strength, AND touched by the light, but nothing else. The excel spreadsheet has all three of those to start with, but those can be changed pretty easily (just change the box with the number, 1/0 for kings, since it's on or off, and the number of talent points for the others). I don't think anything else is functioning for the talents, other than shield spec (which currently assumes SBV from strength should be increased by the talent... last I knew, this was not how it worked on the beta).

Please note- These are NOT tables of the total TPS of each ability. These are ONLY tables of how much each stat will add to your TPS, which is useful for knowing how much of a threat upgrade an item is.

ALSO: I do not know if the latest beta version normalizes weapon damage. As I do not have a beta key (or even an active account), I cannot check this. I would appreciate it if someone could let me know. I'll try and get SoB in the next version of the excel spreadsheet, and correct the table in the origional post.