Skip to content
Maintankadin

About these weapons.

Melathys
Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:35 pm

About these weapons.

I'm assuming there's a typo here somewhere.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/august/titansteelguardian.jpg

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/august/titansteelbonecrusher.jpg

dps weapon, caster weapon, same damage. I'm guessing even with these stats, we'd end up going for dps weapon over caster, with its expertise over crit.

...or...are we to expect tanking weapons of caster and/or melee type to have lower dps? With that much stamina and expertise, I have little doubt that the melee weapon is intended as a tanking weapon.
_________________
dakilahu
Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:38 pm
i doubt that too. but i am sure the dps of the melee weapon is subject to change.. 88dps cannot be correct
_________________
Hearthy
Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:04 pm
Based on the damage on the 2H weapon, an epic 1H of the same iLevel should be around 143 DPS. Also, using the current iLevel formula (which may have changed) the 1H is about 60 iLevels above the 2H before taking the lowered DPS into account. So it does look like they're trading damage for stats. I'd rather they stack strength instead of AP if this is how tanking weapons are to be itemized.
Jarkeld
Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:13 pm
increasing AP would affect all attacks, not just those dependent on weapon damage, such as a warrior's bloodthirst, and a warrior gets a multiplier for AP while, 1.1x in bezerker stance
so lowering wpn dps for equivalent AP would be advantageous
the actual numbers on those items are adifferent story
_________________
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made mana people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Jarkeld
Norrath
Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:34 pm
It does seem better in some cases, but I believe instant attacks will suffer from it. That's my gut feeling, though, not anything concrete.
Delphineas
Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:05 pm
I think everyone's problem isn't the DPS, it's that the AP isn't strength
_________________