Skip to content
Maintankadin

[Video] Leveling as retri, up to 400k XP per hour

Rofladin
Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:06 pm
I clicked on the Youtube one... My eyes have teh AIDS now, but it was awesome.

Ret is... insane. It almost seems like they're going to rebalance it before release. But I guess they'll rebalance a lot of things.
roosevelt
Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:17 pm
Its hard to tell because of the quality and speed up but is this taking advantage of the JoJ bug? I assume its the latest build with the art of war nerf.
_________________
Knaughty
Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:21 pm
My ret gear is about as good as yours. Hard to tell, exactly, given I worry about "raid-buffed at brute" (2900 AP, 31% crit) and your screenie is:
• (a) Self-buffed
• (b) Level 72
• (c) 3.0 talent set.

Looks like ret will be the way to go for questing / grinding / solo.

I want to do instances as prot, however, so I'm faced with:

• Lots of respecs.
• Praying the "two specs" thing kicks in at 70, not 80.
• Tanking Ret specced?

Given I have Brute-capable tanking gear, tanking as ret spec, Sunwell tanking gear is probably less painful than DPSing Prot spec, BT DPS gear.

Maybe something like: 0/10/51 to begin with?
_________________
Hammerjudge
Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:26 am
So I wonder what the dps would be in T4/badge gear.
Levantine
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:01 am
Holy crap. That just inspired me to go back to Levie. o.O I smell a new main in Whatlick.
_________________
Eneru
Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:32 am
i was there Very Happy

on a side note, ret is currently very bugged. I did Drak'tharon (lvl 74-75) and I one-shotted bosses. I think it has something to do with vindication, but I've never been ret before, so I'm pretty clueless.
_________________
Maihes
Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:53 am
Thank fully Ret is my main spec so granted I sit at 17.4k health 29% dodge 520 spell damage (gg changing mechanics) in my Prot set, My ret set outpaces it drastically.

I can't wait for WotLK to come out, I have enough guild tanks for when I do instances won't be a prob, plus as someone else mentioned, can just tank them as Ret.


So Command and Righteous instead of Blood, to lessen down time I assume? Or something else that I missed in notes (no key yet).
_________________

Norrath
Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:06 am
Not removed, just completely reworked.

Haste != instant extra attack, Blizzard. >_<