Skip to content
Maintankadin

Collecting "Warrior" Tanking Gear Now?

Wapner
Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:14 am

Collecting "Warrior" Tanking Gear Now?

If you were around for the TBC release you know that patch 2.0 was released and the talents were made available before the expansion actually came out. I can only assume the same will be true for patch 3.0 and WotLK.

To me this means that I should start collecting "Warrior" gear now, so that when it comes out, I can move 3 points into Touched by the Light and be ready to tank in that gear.

What do you guys think? Are you going to start building your gear sets early?
moduspwnens
Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:18 am
We generally define "warrior" gear as having stats the benefit warriors much more than us, like agility and strength. A piece not having spell damage makes it a tanking piece, not necessarily a warrior piece.

Touched by the Light scales with stamina, and all tanking gear has stamina, so there's probably no reason to go out of your way to get "warrior" gear.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Wapner
Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:21 am
Well, it seems to me that if we have Touched by the Light available to us we can drop most or all of our spell damage and stack more avoidance and stamina in place of the spell damage currently on our gear, if we'd like to.

Like you said, there probably is no reason to go out of your way to completely regear for 3.0, but I don't think it would hurt to have a set ready to go, if you can gather it as you raid.
Worldie
Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:56 am
UW > Brutalizer everywhere.

Just think, you have it on your back rather than on your size

PURE STYLE
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Targonis
Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:06 pm
I have a Kings Defender in my bank waiting for WotLK... at least its something amirite?
_________________
Mithos
Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:42 pm
Unbreakable will for humans pwns, I get 5 expertise from it and all the mitigation stats <3.

What I'm wodnering though, what if we we're leveling as prot and used a 2 handed weapon for Hammer of the Righteous, thats like instant 3 way cleave. We wouldn't be able to shield slam, though.
_________________

Seloei
Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:35 pm
hammer of righteous is a one handed weapon attack only.

Theres no point in going for "Warrior gear" because based on itemlevel, the blues locked to 75 are equal to SWP loot. Atleast based on the items which have been released.

Once it hits, you will quite probably be leveling up to 80 asap, so the extra pain you caused the warriors pre-wotlk will give you what? another set of items that you will shard/vendor soon?
_________________
djellum
Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:18 am

St

Meh, ill try to pick up a weapon, but intended to do that anyway, just hasnt dropped when someone else could use it more than me.

if I find the standard St/AP style dmg super good in the xp ill just put on part of my ret set for the level, but I still think SD will be a huge help for us for solo and threat so im not worried about it.
_________________


Valinora
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:46 am
I am seeing a lot of pics of platemail with spell power for WotLK stuff.

Will this stuff be for holy/healing?

I have seen a lot on here, as the OP subject, that pallys will be using warrior type tanking gear.

What about mana and intellect?

With all of the new skills, aren't these going to be using a lot of mana?

I am still only leveling up my pally and doing the lower TBC dungeons, but as is, I have to drink after each fight. I don't get healed enough to replenish my mana.

Will drinking after each fight still be the norm in WotLK?
_________________