Skip to content
Maintankadin

My synopsis of Paladin glyphs. (TL;DR: CRAP.)

Sabreyn
Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:40 pm
I've gotten in trouble before (esp. in SSC/TK) with AS pulling too many mobs to me (and once in BT on that pull right before Naj'entus, learned pretty quick to stop using it on pulls if I didn't want to get gibbed), so AS glyph makes me happy to be able to use AS for pulls in raids. The only times I really want it to bounce are in 5-mans and on AoE pulls - I think I'll be able to do without that in exchange for double single-target threat.
Elsie
Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:42 pm
A few points:

+10% block value glyph is overpowering with warrior mechanics and I don't think it's been tested. I have a feeling it will get changed.

Avenger's Shield glyph has a strength that is entirely dependent on the boss design. If we fight anything like we have fought thus far, it's not necessary due to Hammer of Justice, Consecrate, and reflective damage.
-I don't think trash is relevant enough to care about. It's something I can safely say "get a misdirect on the fourth guy you cant shield / judge / taunt."
-Shade of Akama and M'uru are both easily done without Avenger's shield. I never used it on the aoe portion of Felmyst.

Taunt Glyph's strength is entirely dependent on how taunt works and if bosses that must be taunted are like Brutallus or like Kalecgos.

Expertise Glyph is nice in theory, but our abilities don't all scale with expertise making it a poor choice in my mind.

To the OP: Your post doesn't consider pvp, doesn't consider situational encounters, and doesn't consider various theorycraft threads. Indeed, it appears to be "at a glance" without any insight. Also, you decided to write it (and the title) with aggressive language. I suggest writing more respectful in the future with more research.
Karock
Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:45 pm
I'm sure it's been said somewhere but... as a side note, who the hell cares how much mana blessing of kings costs?
Mortehl
Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:09 pm
In my opinion, the bounce is greatly overrated when you can hotr for the same affect.
_________________
steadypal
Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:58 am
i think EVERYBODY loves the bounce, YET, love the idea of single target AS on burst dmg on single target mobs/bosses... cant have both, so u have to think which you would use the most? imo im using it every trash pull, and i'll give up the more dmg on bosses, i dont see any of us changing glyphs mid raid, since we need that thingy to install them... Razz


hmm is there a way to select which type of pull u want or is it just full time single target pull? it would be pretty leet if u can toggle it off and on accordingly
Khayne
Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:59 am
I´d just wish we´d have some semi-defensive mitigational glyphs like that bv glyph that warriors get.

i dont care if it´s an +armor proc chance when devo aura on and you get hit.

+resistances when resistance aura on (can be a number or +% of total resistance)

block value after some shield move (holy shield/Shor)

parry chance after weapon move (would be nice since this would be useful for more specs attleast in pvp, just make it proc after both cs&hotr, you´ll allways only have one anyway so can be balanced with thinking only 1)

make holy shield cd refresh after redoubt proc or make redoubt also increase BV abit on proc (in tight aoe situation you will lose all holy shield charges, get redoubt proc and when you see those go low you could then use holy shield again immediately for more aoe threat&blocking mitigation)

something to give abit choice to get some mitigation instead of only +threat on AS/Judgement/SoV/SoR or more mana/cheapo spells on SoB/allways/SoW
_________________
Dawnseeker
Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:20 pm
Hmm, intersting thing they let slip in blizzcon (from http://www.mmo-champion.com/)
"Q: The sound for HoR is so annoying and needs to be changed. as far as taunting, the 3 target taunt is great until you're trying to taunt one thing and is there any chance the 11 point talent would be a single target taunt.
A: It wouldn't be a 11 point talent. it'd be pretty lame to have to spec down into that. there's a glyph to make it single target but it comes down to how similar do the classes have to be? we had to change the DK because it was too much like warriors and druids."

Either they haven't quite got their facts straight, or we're finally getting a decent glyph (assuming it taunts the mob you're targeting not the player the mob you're targeting's targeting).
_________________
Telleryn - Bloodelf Tankadin - Mark of the Beast - Terenas-EU
Other 70s: Eldryn(Shammy) Dorromar(Warrior) Elderhorn(Druid) Mirinas(Mage) Elderhoof(Hunter)
On the way: Aldryn(s-priest) and Thanaryn(DK)